Like Tree13Likes

Asia's World City?!?! Pfft.... Hitler was a better joke than this!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vessy:
    Do you really think you have more personal liberties here in HK than you do in Canada or the US? I suggest you travel to those places and then let me know what you think. Would you say that an average person in Hong Kong has a better quality of life than someone who lives in a Western country, like Canada? I would have to disagree. Personally, I don't really appreciate "random drug searches" here in HK, and I know for a fact they don't happen as often in most Western countries.
    I think people of different racial backgrounds will have different responses to this question. My friend, who is Korean, was in jail for 2 days (for some stupid shit he did), and got to witness first hand, innocent black people being arrested and locked up just for minding their own business in their "hood". And to them, it's just a part of everyday life. Oh, and that was in Canada.
    paenme likes this.

poor/homeless people scattered around the streets as they are here in HK. I live in a fairly nice area here, but there are still old ladies who sleep in piles of garbage every night.
    You're talking nonsense. If Canadian cities are so great do us a favour and move back there.

But if Hong Kong is going to call itself a "world city" I would expect it to be the quintessential example of a city - and it isn't.
    It makes me question if a "quintessential example of a city" does exist. If so, which city?

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    It makes me question if a "quintessential example of a city" does exist. If so, which city?
    Well most cities are polluted, overcrowded, have a mix of very rich and very poor....sounds like HK.

See I would go for Hull, not polluted (all the industry closed down and half the people can't afford a car), not overcrowded (more people leave than go there), no contrast between the rich and the poor (no rich people there)
    gunsnroses likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Well most cities are polluted, overcrowded, have a mix of very rich and very poor....sounds like HK.

See I would go for Hull, not polluted (all the industry closed down and half the people can't afford a car), not overcrowded (more people leave than go there), no contrast between the rich and the poor (no rich people there)
    Sounds swell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    You're talking nonsense. If Canadian cities are so great do us a favour and move back there.

For real. Obviously Vessy's never been downtown. Probably never left the suburbs until coming to HK.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And no problem with the food ........ Prescott ate all the pies.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    And no problem with the food ........ Prescott ate all the pies.
    That's Lord (Baron) Prescott now. 250 fish and chip shops though.

I live on the Peak and look at all those dumpster divers in my neighborhood shame on you HK! its nothing like back at home where i lived in my billion dollar mansion, i was the only castle for miles.

Hong Kong would be great if they got rid of all the locals?

Wake up call this is what makes Hong Kong, Hong Kong the 95% are rarely going to cater to the 5% unless you are rich. If 5% of the drug dealing foreigners of any race ruin it for the rest, those are the ones that are going to stick out.

Well, there are homeless problems everywhere (since homelessness generally, or at least in the US, is accompanied by mental or emotional problems. But there is no doubt that there is much more economic support for the impoverished in the US, UK, and Canada.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast