Like Tree8Likes

Help!! Lost my phone in Hong Kong Island taxi!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Well done Scotfrank. Very informative. Food for thought.

I neither have a copy of the sales receipt or my IMEI or serial.

However, as an addendum to your advice, for android users, download PREY, an equivalent to "findmyiphone". It also works on laptops too.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Didn't the driver have to give his name and contact details when he took your phone to the Police Lost & Found?
    If that information was provided, the police did not acknowledge nor release it. Also, it's only an assumption that the driver turned the phone it. There are other possible, albeit less likely, explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Well done Scotfrank. Very informative. Food for thought.

I neither have a copy of the sales receipt or my IMEI or serial.

However, as an addendum to your advice, for android users, download PREY, an equivalent to "findmyiphone". It also works on laptops too.
    Almost any phone should offer a way to find the serial number and IMEI. This could be physically written on the phone (e.g. under the battery) or accessed through software (this is possible with iPhone, Android, etc.). So, I suggest you act now to take precaution!

Quote Originally Posted by scotfrank:
    Almost any phone should offer a way to find the serial number and IMEI. This could be physically written on the phone (e.g. under the battery) or accessed through software (this is possible with iPhone, Android, etc.). So, I suggest you act now to take precaution!
    Just type in *#06# in the keypad and the IMEI number will pop up.

I use Device Locator on my iPhone, I can set the intervals in which it updates it's status, lock the phone remotely, and send a message to the phone.

On the mainland the phone is duely turned off once found or stolen. A valuable phone worth a months pay to people is never returned.

A question with the password lock, if the phone doesn't have a on/off button, when it locks, does that mean unless you unlock it you can't turn off the phone?

The lost and found asks 1650 for 1.5h broadcast......HK tales robbery to unimaginable levels

The lost and found asks 1650 for 1.5h broadcast......HK tales robbery to unimaginable levels

Morrison likes this.

For Android you can log into your Google account and just search "find my phone". It'll let you turn on the volume, GPS, and wipe the phone if you wish.

I got mine back from green taxi (different driver) and gave the guy a red pocket with couple hundred "for luck"...you'll likely need to speak Cantonese.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2