Postage to Australia

Closed Thread

Postage to Australia

Hi there.

I will soon have the dubious pleasure of packing-up my stuff and sending it back to Australia. Does anyone know of a good postage company for the job - I think sea/land is the way forward for my budget?

Cheers.

Mat

I'm not packing up and moving to Australia, but I need to send a box or two of gifts back home. Probably around the 5-7kg mark. I will need this insured/registered. What's my best-bet? I'd like to keep this economical if I could..

Many thanks..

^ Thanks, I'll check out the HK Post website now.

To be honest, I don't need 'speedpost'. As long as the packages eventualy arrive back home (say within 2 odd months), that should be cool. Just looking for good price and reliability..

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Hongkong Post charges $219 (surface mail) for a 7kg parcel to Australia. Seems pretty cheap.

and insurance for a couple of grand worth of items is only about $40. I just sent 19kg to Sydney by surface post, cost around $350... will take 2 months.. insurance depends on the value of goods, but it wasn't very expensive from memory...

Quote Originally Posted by dropdedfwed:
    and insurance for a couple of grand worth of items is only about $40. I just sent 19kg to Sydney by surface post, cost around $350... will take 2 months.. insurance depends on the value of goods, but it wasn't very expensive from memory...
    But you would have to carry the 19kg (or whatever amount you wanted to ship) to the post office yourself, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dropdedfwed:
    that sounds pretty reasonable. very reasonable in fact. 2 months is fine.
    just gotta make sure the insurance is legit, don't wanna get hassled out of my money if things go missing..

cmlg

According to HK post office, up to max HK$46,000 compensation to each overseas parcel.

Add HK$2.5 for each HK$500 of insured item, I think it is acceptable.

See this link:-

Hongkong Post - Supplementary Services
    #insurance

I hope this can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrona:
    But you would have to carry the 19kg (or whatever amount you wanted to ship) to the post office yourself, right?
    yes, or get a trolley to carry it. it isn't that hard to strap a box to a trolley. I did it the hard way and carried it to the bus, then carried it to the PO... I forgot I'm not 25 anymore, but was rapidly reminded halfway to the bus... it's not just the weight but the awkward size/shape and no handles...