Horizon Harbourview Hotel

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Horizon Harbourview Hotel

Hi everyone,

Somebody recommended this place as I plan to live in HK for at least 6 months in January 2011, we have an office in HK and I may eventually move from Manchester UK to live permanently in HK.

I have been searching various areas for apartments to rent, but the best prices I have found what for I thought looked nice was at least HKD 13,000 a month!

I notice that Horizon Harbourview advertises prices starting from HKD 9,990 a month, and looking at the pictures of the apartments, and the facilities the place has, this seems great value.

I saw an earlier thread on this place, and people said it has bad management, and they charge you too much for electricity.

This earlier thread was quite old though, so I wanted to start a new one.

Can anybody who has lived in this place give me some information about it? Are the rooms as nice as they look on the pictures? Are the facilities at the hotel good?

Has the management improved at all?

I have emailed them for prices and info, but info from some of you guys would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

hi, this is eric. my sister is working in the hotel, so i can ask her which hotel is better if you need. there are many hotel having the promtion for monthly rent in Hong Kong.
    In my opinion(for reference only):
    the apartment is not far to your office (the Traffic Jam is horrible in the morning)
    what is your best price(the highest price is HKD 9999)?
    How many person will stay?

I got some friends living there. 13k should get you a place around the 20th floor with at least partial seaview. 9.9k I would think is for the lowest floors facing the highway/street. Pool looks nice but as it's HK I'd guess it is closed for the winter as it is rare for pools to be heated around here. From what I've seen the apartments themselves seem allright with a big TV and modern appliances. Small, but hey it's HK. Seems like a fair deal overall.

Hi we actually lived in the Harbourfront Horizon over the road. I visited the Harbourview though. The rooms are nice but smaller than the Harbourfront. Good access to Hunghom MTR station as it is just over the walkway.
    Theres lots of shops on your doorstep too.

I found that the price they say (9,900) is used all the time to lure people in and I think you will be very lucky to get one at that price unless you book in advance and sign for at least 6mths.
    You will need to have a deposit too for the electric etc... overall we liked it in the one over the road although it was slightly more expensive. Had a good pool,sauna,gym,free internet access in the room provided near the gym etc.... make sure you check thouroughley all the marks and scratches on any furniture though! They tried charging me for damage to a glass table when I left even though I had previously logged it. (Good job I photo copied the form I filled in as they MISPLACED their copy).

It is the cheapest services apartments that we could find and BOY! did we look lol. I couldnt beleive how expensive the places were here.

Hope this is of help :0)

Kaz

As Karen outlined, I also stayed in Harbour Front for 6 months. The management is the same as the Harbour View. As they are big complexes it a bit of a factory but it's clean, nice environment and people are generally friendly. I didn't find it convenient though and the mini buses are always full at peak times which is a pain.

For serviced, size of apartment it's by far the best value option in HK.

What i don't like is their advertising. They constantly advertise these low rates and no one ever gets these rates. They probably have a few leases at this rate but you would expect that if they have something.

Thanks for the replys everyone.

You are all correct about the price, they emailed me back and said the apartments I saw 'from 9,990' would be 14,000-17,000

I asked why, and you were also correct that they are ground floor and sold out. They also said I can only book 1 month in advance, so will only be able to book a January stay in December..

I also checked V apartments, similar prices, they did have an offer where you got free use of a partner gym, but they have withdrawn this offer, after I pointed it out and was told it had already expired

Unless I stay in a 250sq ft studio, I can't realistically find any places that are close to 10,000 a month, most places seem to be closer to 15,000 a month, and seem to be Kowloon side.

I want somewhere not too far from Central, with good transportation links, in a nice area, a modern and relatively spacious apartment, that also has some local shops/bars etc.

I will have to make notes of everywhere I am checking, but Horizon at 14,000 (if they can confirm this rate) seems the best bet so far.

Eric: It would just be for one person, myself. I think I have an allowance up to 15,000 now, but would prefer something around 12,000 if possible, but not easy to find!

Regards,

Chris.

Last edited by Boybranik; 07-10-2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something

For what you want you will have to get out of central - travel at least 30 mins and your wishlist is not too hard. Try looking at discovery bay, gold coast, Tung chung or sham tsueng.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Moving07 is exactly right.

We had an allowance in 08 when we got here from hubsters company of 15000 (they did offer 12000 at 1st bt we negotiated and got 15000 because at that time we couldnt find anywhere within reasonable travel distance for 12000)

In the end we had to put 3,000 towards the rent as the only apartments available were at 18,000 per month.

We now live in Sha Tin in a village house. Much nicer in my opinion than the high rises but not everyone is the same. I can tell you though that our rent is 8,000 per month but obviously thats with a 12mth contract and its unfurnished but the space is great.

Maybe something you could think about for future reference once you have come face to face with Central for awhile lol.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Boybranik:
    Thanks for the replys everyone.

You are all correct about the price, they emailed me back and said the apartments I saw 'from 9,990' would be 14,000-17,000

I asked why, and you were also correct that they are ground floor and sold out. They also said I can only book 1 month in advance, so will only be able to book a January stay in December..

I also checked V apartments, similar prices, they did have an offer where you got free use of a partner gym, but they have withdrawn this offer, after I pointed it out and was told it had already expired

Unless I stay in a 250sq ft studio, I can't realistically find any places that are close to 10,000 a month, most places seem to be closer to 15,000 a month, and seem to be Kowloon side.

I want somewhere not too far from Central, with good transportation links, in a nice area, a modern and relatively spacious apartment, that also has some local shops/bars etc.

I will have to make notes of everywhere I am checking, but Horizon at 14,000 (if they can confirm this rate) seems the best bet so far.

Eric: It would just be for one person, myself. I think I have an allowance up to 15,000 now, but would prefer something around 12,000 if possible, but not easy to find!

Regards,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

What they have told you about the promotional apartments being on the ground floor might be a fib. I think they make it up as they go along to be honest lol.

As I said earlier we stayed across the road at the Harbourfront and we got a promotional apartment in the 2nd term that we were there on the 17th floor. The only difference being the view. We did originally start our stay there with a view of the harbour. It was amazing as you can imagine, but after awhile you tend not to bother with it because you see it all the time. The cheaper apartment was overlooking the carriageway at the back. Alot noisier and the view of Harbourview itself.

The electricity (If I remember right) worked out at around 900HKD a month but I used the aircon alot.

The house Im in now has expensive electric too. Its the aircon that you use in the ssummer months though and with me being a stay at home housewife, I use it alot. Our last bill here was 2,300 for 2mths. But I have aircon on when I like rather than skimping and through the night because I cant sleep without it being cool.

Fuss pot or what?? lol

Karen

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast