Moving to HK- where to live?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Are there any 25m+ swimming pool in Stanley ?

I like location that have swimming pool nearby.

How about Sai Kung area? Many expat are living at Sai Kung and have beaches and you can enjoy water sports at weekends. There are few bars and many restaurants at Sai Kung town. You won't feel boring at Sai Kung. One big point is, rent is much cheaper that in Mid-level or Southern part of Hong Kong Island. I am sure you will love here.

Hebe

Hebe

There is no clean beach near Sai Kung town, only good for water sport.
    There is a public pool there ?
    How about the public transport there ?

Beach is available at Clearwater Bay area.

Actually beside Sai Kung Ferry Pier you can take sampan to some Islands have beautiful beaches which during weekend many local people will go there for swim. Only cost you HK$20-40. Of course on the other side of Sai Kung Ferry Pier, there is a public swimming pool there as well. The entry fee is around HK$20 for adult.

For the public transport, you can take the No. 1A green public mini-bus to Choi Hung (one of the MTR station) or 101 to Hang Hau (another MTR station). Bus No.92 to Diamond Hill MTR station or if you want to go to Shatin can take the 299 from Sai Kung town to Shatin KCR station. Very convenient!!

Hi Hebe,

How long does it take to get from Sai Kung to the MTR line? And what would it cost to get a small but clean/modern apartment for a single guy? Sai Kung was also recommended to me by one of my customers as a nice alternative to the city.

Take care!

Hi,

I am not sure did you customer tell you that the green mini-bus go quite fast. From Sai Kung town to Choi Hung take less than 30 mins. To Hang Hau station is 25 mins.

Sai Kung have lots of apartment for different demand. The rent is depends you want sea view or not. For example, one 700 sqf, 2/F with roof, 2 bedroom have little bit sea view from the roof is asking $7,500. I am sure you will love to live in this area because many Expat since move to Sai Kung from Mid-level, they love there very much.

Hebe

Hi Hebe,

What about for a young single guy- is it still a good area or would I be bored and in trouble when I'm drunk at 2am and no easy way to get home?

I must admit the photos of Sai Kung look nice compared to Happy Valley... but I don't want to be stuck too far out, especially if I have to go home at night. I learned my lesson the hard way in Tokyo living too far from restaurants and nightlife.

Thanks!

I certainly wouldn't recommend a Green Minibus at 2am after a skinful - they are a somewhat nauseating ride at the best of times

Hi Farang,

At Sai Kung have a new pub name - Extreme, many expat go there with live football or rugby....etc. Of course not only one bar at Sai Kung. But if you want dancing I think you better go to Wanchai or Lan Kwai Fong and live in town will be easier.

Hebe

Try some of the villages near Sheung Shui if your budget is tight. All under $4000.