Like Tree1Likes

Electricity Bill

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    no, our bill was $9.7k for 2 months, that's what the clp billing period is.

we even moved our matress into the kids' room to cut down on air-cons. last year, when we didn't do that, our highest bill was over $12k.
    Hey carang, finally someone with a heftier CLP bill than ours...our last bill was just over $10k, and previous bill was $8.5k.

Saying that we do live in a house...still at 2300sqft I was expecting 2month bill to be $7k max

our place is 2100'. we have at least 2 aircons on all night. during the day, we use at least 2 (very large ones), and ceiling fans, too. we also have: 1 fridge for the dog food, one for us and one for our two helpers. during the evenings, we have our tv & computers (2) on... our helpers usually have their tv and computer on, too....

as someone else said... it all adds up.

Last edited by carang; 11-10-2010 at 11:45 PM.

I hate Air Cons. Every evening my boyfriend and I are plyaing the on/off game. I´m usully the winner. But at least the electo bill stays afortable

if i get too hot when i sleep, i get killer, week-long migraines... NOT fun. i heat up like a furnance when i sleep....i have the aircon on the coldest setting possible and i sleep right under the aircon fan....and i still wake up at night sweating. now, our daughter is the same.

when i lived in the canadian prairies, i used to keep my window openat least part-way all year round... even when it was -40C and blizzarding outside.

Last edited by carang; 12-10-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Fit double Glazing!

if i get too hot when i sleep, i get killer, week-long migraines... NOT fun. i heat up like a furnance when i sleep....i have the aircon on the coldest setting possible and i sleep right under the aircon fan....and i still wake up at night sweating. now, our daughter is the same.

when i lived in the canadian prairies, i used to keep my window openat least part-way all year round... even when it was -40C and blizzarding outside.
    With our two youngest, one loves aircon and can't sleep without it, breaking into a sweat and the other can't sleep with it on. Don't think they will ever share a bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Fit double Glazing!
    Yeah sure the landlord would agree to pay for that.

our place is 2100'. we have at least 2 aircons on all night. during the day, we use at least 2 (very large ones), and ceiling fans, too. we also have: 1 fridge for the dog food, one for us and one for our two helpers. during the evenings, we have our tv & computers (2) on... our helpers usually have their tv and computer on, too....

as someone else said... it all adds up.
    Hmmm... you are using no more than double what we use (we have one aircon on all the time, pretty much (a big one); often several others; big American fridge and freezer; usually at least 3 computers running all the time; TV) .... and our bill is more like HKD1000-1900 for one month, so if you double it then 2000-3800 for one month or 4000-7600 for 2 months .... possibly right but sounds a little high.

maybe the size of the air-cons have something to do with it? that would be my guess. the air-con on the ground floor is HUGE and i would assume expensive to run...

maybe the size of the air-cons have something to do with it? that would be my guess. the air-con on the ground floor is HUGE and i would assume expensive to run...
    Do you have the old type of air com which aren't energy efficient and also when did you last have them cleaned?