Bebo and MySpace

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bebo and MySpace

Has anyone registered with these websites and if so how popular are the old school/college lists i.e. have you managed to find old friends?

Kowloon West / America's Finest City (San Diego, CA)

I've ran into tons of old friends back from even elementary school and met tons of new ones.
    www.myspace.com/yoitsroger

Facebook is good too, especially if you still have your college e-mail account!

That's good to know. I have used Friends Reunited who charge GPB7.50 for the privilege to contact your old friends so I thought that it's about time to find another site.

no way! i dint pay for friends reunited - just have the basix. i dont believe in paying! lol
    definitely myspace n facebook, n friendster too..tho i dont use that one tht often..

but again...it does depend on your friends, r they comp fiends....when did u graduate etc. it tends to b alot more popular w the young'uns ie. ppl just graduating from college still in high skl etc....

but i HAVE found tons of my friends from high skl and primary school! ppl i havent spoken to since ilke primary 6! (5th grade)

but i havent realy been able to find too many ppl older than me...
    i graduated from college in '03

but hey - u dont have to pay! so y not join! if u dont like it u can just cancel your acct ;-)

I have found the school and college databases to be very US specific and the discussion forums to be rather infantile - what do you think?

Agreed, but my brother n sister use Facebook and they both went to uni in the UK. They both have tons of friends on there.

i just checked MySpace. Found loads of people from my college in the US. Everyone is in their 20s...I feel so old.

Lucky you. I just registered with Facebook and have so far found no one!

with facebook tho, u have to make sure that u arent searching within any specific networks, otherwise the name wont come up.
    like for instance i live here, but im in the NYU (my university) network...so if u search in hk its prolly not gona come up.
    unless u kno the network your friends r in - could b uni, high school, work or city/country even.

and as for discussion "forums"
    well...theres not so much forums...facebook u can create groups if u like and ask pl to join then start them there.....and u can write noes on your pg n ppl within your friends network can comment on them...

but myspace...well.....thats more for ppl to leave u comments n say wats up..but there r blogs where u can post your thoughts i guess, n people can respond back to u...but i think the replies r more individual/one on one rather than for everyone to see

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast