Like Tree9Likes

Why isn't the upcoming Monday a public holiday?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    No, that just makes you a bleeding commie.
    When in China do as ....or rather get done by commies...

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    @sxc,

If Saturday isn't a working day for you then yes you are extremely lucky - I've never heard of a company doing that before.
    hey mine does the same, for every statutory holiday that falls on a saturday. actually it is not uncommon but i have to admit that i m lucky too :P

All Hail the expat forum where 5 day 35 hour working days are the norm!
    I wonder if the 10% unemployed in the United States and the people rioting in Greece and France why they are complaining about lack of jobs. Those guys have 7 days off a week, they should be the happiest people in the world.

Hong Kong people work 6 days a week those poor shmucks, making money and feeding their family.

I guess we know why most people chose to come to HK.

Quote Originally Posted by aliendavid1:
    All Hail the expat forum where 5 day 35 hour working days are the norm!
    I wonder if the 10% unemployed in the United States and the people rioting in Greece and France why they are complaining about lack of jobs. Those guys have 7 days off a week, they should be the happiest people in the world.

Hong Kong people work 6 days a week those poor shmucks, making money and feeding their family.

I guess we know why most people chose to come to HK.
    Stupid comment. Firstly the people rioting in France and Greece are not rioting about a lack of jobs but about pensions and austerity measures respectively. Secondly I doubt very much that the long working hours and 6 day week culture in HK creates jobs, it is often just inefficient working practices. A friend of mine works in an office where 12/14 hours days are the norm. She said to them my family comes first, I will do a 9 hour day but do more work than those doing 12/14 hours - and she does and the boss is very happy with her. The others could do the same but stick to inefficient working and the 12/14 hour day.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4