Like Tree1Likes

Has anyone had curtains made by Ikea's curtain service company?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone had curtains made by Ikea's curtain service company?

I need to make curtains for two medium size windows. I asked Ikea curtain service company. They sent me a quotation which seemed overpriced, there were also mistakes in it. I do not even know if the quality of their work is satisfactory... Can anyone tell me if they were happy with them? Thanks.

Have you gone to a curtain shop on the street? There are small window dressing shops everywhere and I would say they are cheaper and better than ikea.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Best idea is to go to Shen Zhen. It's just there... and it's cheap. And they have EVERYTHING!

Curtain shop, ok but where? I'd like to try but I don't know where (I live in Hung Hom so I would appreciate somewhere close by). And by the way, I went to Ikea because for me it was guaranteed to be serious (I don't want to be ripped off and have a bad quality job). Besides, I like their style of fabric, quite modern and colorful, especially for curtains I would hate to have something that looks old Thank you for your ideas.

And I won't go to Shenzhen, I have two young kids so it is just impossible for me to get there with them

In Kowloon, isn't Sham Shui Po a place where you can find this type of shops?

Just walk around the main road around where you live and you're sure to find a curtain shop.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks everyone. Finally, I just walked and found a curtain shop close to my place. And they charged me nearly half the price Ikea curtain service did! The fabric is not as nice but is ok so I'll go with them. BTW the woman working for Ikea curtain service was very rude besides of her overpriced policy

Original Post Deleted
    Hi DeletedUser,

any particular shop in Queens Rd East that you can refer me to make curtains? I need to make curtains as I am moving to other apt soon.. Thanks a lot..

Quote Originally Posted by temajie:
    Thanks everyone. Finally, I just walked and found a curtain shop close to my place. And they charged me nearly half the price Ikea curtain service did! The fabric is not as nice but is ok so I'll go with them. BTW the woman working for Ikea curtain service was very rude besides of her overpriced policy
    Hi Temajie,

which place did you finally go to make curtains? I am also in need to make curtains.. Thanks a lot!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast