Like Tree1Likes

Any "green" dry cleaners in Hong Kong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The simplest approach is not to purchase clothing that needs dry cleaning. That's what I do. I don't think I've ever used a dry cleaner!

HowardCoombs likes this.

I think the backlash here is down to the 'green' label.

Dry cleaning seems to be an inherently nasty process- uses lots of energy for a small amount of clothing, uses odd chemicals and produces some pretty weird chemical wastes. Putting a 'green' label on dry cleaning is like running an electric engine in a Hummer... it's still an incredible waste of resources.

Most of us still use dry cleaners for some things, but we don't pretend it's 'green'.

Quote Originally Posted by RayA:
    I think you're just too self-absorbed, and really have nothing better to do than worry about such needless issues.
    Most people in Hong Kong, even the world, don't have a dry-cleaning machine. They use their hands.
    And you must be a very presumptuous individual with a lot of time to surf the web and criticize people for asking ligitimate questions. :P

Is it really so wrong to ask about dry cleaner that don't use Perc or Hydrocarbons? And certain things need to be dry cleaned, otherwise I would have my helper hand wash them. (waiting for the OMG you have a helper comments now...)

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:

Most of us still use dry cleaners for some things, but we don't pretend it's 'green'.
    Yes I mean SAFE... safe dry cleaning. That does have a better ring to it hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by wasabibunny:
    And you must be a very presumptuous individual with a lot of time to surf the web and criticize people for asking ligitimate questions. :P

Is it really so wrong to ask about dry cleaner that don't use Perc or Hydrocarbons? And certain things need to be dry cleaned, otherwise I would have my helper hand wash them. (waiting for the OMG you have a helper comments now...)
    >

You're absolutely right.

So pointless, I'm not going to argue. TC, you rich man you...

The woman in my local dry cleaners has underarm hair, doesnt smell so good and occasionally I see her eating raw carrot. Doesn't get much greener than that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

After a little research, i found that the hk gov has only approved the conventional dry cleaning method to be used in HK so there are no other options.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2