Like Tree1Likes

Any good water filter?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Now Now Boris lol.

We installed an inline, under sink, water filter, attached to a dedicated drinking water tap, during our kitchen renovations.

Attachment 877

Attachment 874

Attachment 875

The importers details are listed on this photo.
    Attachment 876

Price for the filter unit was $680, inc 3 ceramic replacement filters. The drinking fountain tap cost us $130.00, and installation was carried out during a complete relocation of our new sink anyway, but I'd say it wouldnt be much.

All up probably $1300.00, installed into an existing installation ?

The importers details are marked on the photo i supplied of the filter replacement, via 3M.

Very happy with the results of this filtration system, its doing an excellent job so far.
    Those are cellulose filters, which will not reduce levels of VOCs and other chemicals in the water. IMO you would have been better off with a Brita. All your filter is gonna do is filter particles up to 5 microns in size, not dissolved chemicals. Activated charcoal is better suited to removing dissolved solutes.

Thanks Boris for the info. As somebody who works in the electricity industry and has to put up with all sorts of rubbish from people who have no idea how it works, I can fully appreciate why you "rant" so to speak! I do have one residual question - our water tastes nasty and make our tea taste nasty. I have no problem drinking it - not concerned about my health and actually think purchasing bottled water is a great coup of modern advertising (selling snow to eskimos might come close) - but what is the best way to deal with the taste?

The easiest way is to try a filter jug. I know them a Brita filters.

But basically you fill the jug through a built in filter. The filter is changed after a while.

FYI - are you living in a high rise?

I second that. My Brita removes the funky taste from the water quickly and easily. Going to go fill my Nalgene now.

Where can I purchase a Brita filter jug? Thanks!

Brita Filter Jug - Wing On, Sogo, or other big commerical shopping centres in HK

a friend just send me a link to check out today

ION LIFE The Source for alkaline/acid balance systems;

One thing to watch for: With a jug like a Brita is during the hot, humid parts of the year, gunk can start growing in the bottom of the jug if the water is left sitting too long. Keeping the jug in the fridge stops this.

WSD Take

The Water Supplies Department basically says the water filters are not necessary and can even increase the risk as bacteria can grow inside the filters.
    Water Supplies Department - FAQ

>> The Water Supplies Department

sell flowers claim their own flowers good,
    forget what they said

a good filter do not have bacteria problem