Like Tree8Likes

Potential English Church Service in Tuen Mun

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Red face Quick update on English speaking church in Tuen Mun

Hi folks just a quick update to say that our little English speaking crowd in Tuen Mun has been growing steadily over the past few months. We'd love to meet more people, too. I know of at least three people that have started coming regularly now as a result of this thread.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to private message me or email me.

CURRENT DETAILS
    Sunday School is at 10AM and Bible Study time begins at 11:00 am in the YMCA building near On Ting. Before the 11:00 services we also have activities for children and adult Sunday School beginning at 10:00 am. The YMCA building is beside the Guideposts Kindergarten, and is a short walk from the On Ting Light Rail stop: from the Light Rail stop head towards the side which has a Park'N Shop. If you have questions about directions just email me. Below is the specific address. Please use the REAR ENTRANCE to the building.

Twice a month we hold bilingual services in the main auditorium (Cantonese and English), and the remaining Sundays the English speakers meet together in a smaller setting to study through specific books of the Bible or topics.

Currently we are discussing apologetics during the Sunday School time. The atmosphere of Sunday school is casual, relaxed, and discussion-oriented. Many of the attendees wear jeans and t-shirt so coming casual is OK!

Most of the English speakers almost always go out to lunch together after the 11AM service (usually ends around 12:15ish). We'd love to have you come fellowship with us. All are welcome. We currently have several that are not yet persuaded of Christianity joining us regularly and that is great.

All are invited!

Tuen Mun Centre
    G/F, Ting On House, Siu On Court, Tuen Mun, N.T.

Web Site: http://www.ymca.org.hk/tmc/

Is this still happening?

For English services, you can try Holy Redeemer Catholic Church in TM.

They used to have an English Fellowship group and I tried to ask the sisters there about it but I don't think there is much interest in organizing a group; I've tried. There are a large number of people though, who attend.
    https://holyredeemer.catholic.org.hk/en_main.html

Quote Originally Posted by Angel16:
    Is this still happening?
    I see that the link now shows "web page not found" in Chinese. There are a couple of English/ bilingual fellowships in the area that I know are still going:
    There is a bilingual church in On Ting Estate (near Guideposts kindergarten) but I don't have details. The foreigners I know who go there are currently on vacation, but I could ask when they return if you like. Otherwise there is this one - Calvary International Church, Tuen Mun - Calvary Church Hong Kong