Ikea assembly man

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

best is to download the instruction manual on ikea's website for your furniture and find someone to help you with the assembly. a friend perhaps

my usual problem is i can manage to assemble things by myself but i cannot lift up furniture by myself or even with friends' help. perhaps i need to ask my friends to do more weight-lifting??

Quote Originally Posted by reddbod:
    AC/DC fan?

I'm assuming the Ikea furniture has not been purchased recently and is just sitting in your apartment. Am I right?

No guy friends to help you at all aye? Assembly is hella fun.

Anyhow. If you decide to contact Ikea for installation and assembly of your existing furniture, they may charge you differently since assembly normally comes with delivery. Not sure
    yeah, I'm thinking of offering some beer and food for people to help out but then I'm kinda worried how quickly the bookshelves will fall down... I'm getting the Ikea guys to do the bed cos it's important that one is put together solidly

And being single is relevant because???? Next thing somebody is going to ask am I female which only neanderthals could not figure out from my name.

Last edited by Hellsbells; 26-10-2010 at 06:15 PM.

May be of use to you - Assembly Instructions Index from IKEA . . .
    IKEA | Assembly Instructions

I guess you first have to know what each piece of furniture is named.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    May be of use to you - Assembly Instructions Index from IKEA . . .
    IKEA | Assembly Instructions

I guess you first have to know what each piece of furniture is named.
    she's not worried about the assembly. she's may be worried about the weight lifting of the furniture which requires two or more people.
    Last edited by reddbod; 26-10-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Bells, there are some ironware shops on Wellington Street, ask a local friend to talk to a handyman and get it done. beer and food aint an attractive offer actually, not to mention that friends usually are not THAT well-built.
    as for "male friends", trust me, you dont want to owe them any, esp when you live alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsbells:
    And being single is relevant because???? Next thing somebody is going to ask am I female which only neanderthals could not figure out from my name.
    Perhaps, but neanderthals could probably assemble Ikea furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Perhaps, but neanderthals could probably assemble Ikea furniture!
    HEY!!! You are now insulting me...

I used to assemble them myself but without the proper electrical tools it's a bit difficult and takes longer time with the hand tools included in the boxes. Ring up Ikea and get it done properly and far more quickly. No food & beer needed.

Last edited by m stone; 27-10-2010 at 03:39 AM.