Like Tree2Likes

Free tomorrow (Friday 29th)? Come and clean up a beach!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Free tomorrow (Friday 29th)? Come and clean up a beach!

This is a last minute attempt to get a few extra bodies... If anyone is free tomorrow (all day) and fancies helping to clean up the HK environment as part of the International Coastal Cleanup effort then please come along and join the effort organised by the Hong Kong Hiking Meetup Group. We need as many bodies as possible to help clean Fan Lau Sai Wan at the south-west corner of Lantau Island. We have about 20 signed up so far, but the more the better.

As well as simply cleaning up a beach, the data collected contributes to knowledge of what the debris is and hence how we might go about tackling it at source.

More here: Coastal Clean Up - Fan Lau Sai Wan, SW Lantau - Hong Kong Stuff

(Or here for people who are members of the Hiking Meetup Group: http://www.meetup.com/hongkonghiking...ndar/15134755/ )

If you're up for it then just come and meet up with us at Exit C of Tung Chung MTR at 9am, although replying here would also help us get the numbers right for the speedboat.

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Last edited by PDLM; 28-10-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    bookblogger likes this.

Does that mean you're coming to join us bookblogger?

Regrettably I have to work on Friday...

So do I - my work is cleaning a beach! It's not exactly going to be a picnic...

The local high school (YMCA) gets off early tomorrow, I may be able to get a crew - no promises though. How do we get there?

Thanks for the enthusiasm, but this beach is a long way away, and you need the whole day. You would need to be at Tung Chung MTR at 9am in order to catch a ferry to Tai O and then a private speedboat to Fan Lau.

Well 15 of us managed to clear around 750kg of debris off Fan Lau Sai Wan today, so if anyone is down there enjoying the beach in the near future please think of us!

Well done. It was a lovely day for it. I'd much rather have been there than sat in my office dealing with a myriad pile of corporate crap.

Likewise, M07. Both the well done and the I-would-have-preferred-to-be-there-than-in-the-office!

Dreadnought likes this.

Well done PDLM, hope to join you next time.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast