Like Tree2Likes

register a charity in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by AIP:
    - In terms of corporate donations, I would set this as a task for the students. Putting the word out there and seeing who is interested is unlikely to bring much in terms of results. This is a competitive field and you need to market your project so that it stands out. I would target SMEs that your school / students have a connection with. Large companies generally have their own philanthropic strategy and it's unlikely that you would be able to meet their criteria. Also think about what you can offer to the companies - eg are you having an event where the audience would be of interest to them, and their logo will be prominent, or they can get other exposure
    I have to disagree. Our charity has very successfully been able to attract a huge amount of corporate donations, both prior to becoming registered and after. Companies are lining up to support these projects here in Hong Kong, and it is NOT difficult to attract these donations, if you have a professional application 'letter', and a well organised project/event.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimtel1979:
    Companies are lining up to support these projects here in Hong Kong.
    I'm curious as to who these companies are. Is it essentially gambling banks trying to salve their corporate consciences for their obscene money-grabbing or is it companies that actually add value to the world?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Zimtel1979:
    Look at our website: Angels For Orphans
    We are a HK based non-profit, reg. charity and have very successfully fundraised in favour of Cambodian orphanages

Hi, Zimtel1979, I am helping a friend solicit information about setting a charity organization here in Hong Kong for a cause that helps improve education and literacy of children in Africa. Same has already been set up in the UK and Africa, but not in HK yet. As some of my friends have indicated their wish to donate to this organization and in return for tax deduction to their personal income tax, I would like to learn more about the necessary requirements and procedures for such set up because obviously the Angels For Orphans is also running for a cause outside of HK.

Look forward to hearing from you soon ^ ^