Water Supplies Department

Closed Thread

Water Supplies Department

Folks, I have received a letter from Water Supplies Department,

"NOTICE OF DISCONNECTION & INVITATION TO TAKE UP CONSUMERSHIP"

When I moved into my flat almost 2 years ago, the landlady promised to change the ownership and advise to the water people.
    Obviously, she didnt do so, because I never received a bill I must say.
    And I did never inform anybody, "let sleeping dogs lie."

So what to do know? Just call 'em up and tell the truth that I moved in almost 2 years ago? Then I will have to pay quite a lot I guess....
    In 3-4 weeks time, I ll move out anyway...

The water supplies department issue a bill every four or six months (can't remember) and normally issue this kind of notice if you are late by just a week or two. So, someone must have been paying them for the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    The water supplies department issue a bill every four or six months (can't remember) and normally issue this kind of notice if you are late by just a week or two. So, someone must have been paying them for the last two years.

You are right... weird!
    Anyway, I have just sent them an email in order to solve this problem.

And your total bill for two years is unlikely to be more than $300.

We were in the same situation. We moved in a new flat last year in February and got the disconnection letter in September. Our landlord didn't say that the water account had been closed by the previous tenant and we didn't open a new account. We registered in September and paid a deposit of 400 HKD. Last week we got out first bill...and it wasn't cheap: 1300$ because we had to pay a penalty as well!