In case of tourist's stomach

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

3 years??? Damn..

It usually takes me about 1 week to get used to the food if I have been away.

I rarely have problems with Chinese food though, twice I have been ill after eating Western Food in HK.

I guess it just that the germs here are totally different from Scandinavia so it's quite common among colleagues to get stomach problems or small cuts that does not heal as quick as they should etc. I have had this happen maybe 5-6 times in my life (35 yrs) so I absolutely do not blaim China for it

I also only got sick from Western restaurants.

It's just that there is not hot water in most bathrooms (ever notice that?) and MANY people don't even attempt to wash their hands. It's crowded and busy and easy to get sick for some.

Now I'm only sick once per year.

The only time I get it is when I head into China for a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by goodkarma
    I also only got sick from Western restaurants.

It's just that there is not hot water in most bathrooms (ever notice that?) and MANY people don't even attempt to wash their hands. It's crowded and busy and easy to get sick for some.

Now I'm only sick once per year.
    True, but the same about people not washing their hands in the bathroom can be said about the UK.

I was thinking maybe its more a transport problem if some of the ingredients are imported for Western food.

It happens often when frozen food isn't kept at the right temperature, and it's thawed and then refrozen again....
    Also happends when meat isn't cooked enough, or raw meat touches other foods....

Oh and not forgetting mega cheap imported food from China.

Mystery Meat and mechanically recovered chicken spring to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by nikasp
    The best guess is icecubes made from tap water (I am not only swedish, I am stupid too...) or else it was an Egg McMuffin from McDonalds but I doubt that
    I'd blame it on McDonalds. The same happened to my husband after a cheese burger and chicken nuggets from there.

I only drink distilled or bottled water. Am too scared to get sick here. But then again, that's just me. As it is I already have an issue with my bottom...don't need to add more problems to my tummy and bottom!

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith
    I only drink distilled or bottled water. Am too scared to get sick here. But then again, that's just me. As it is I already have an issue with my bottom...don't need to add more problems to my tummy and bottom!
    ewww far too much information faith!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast