Like Tree4Likes

Just left my mobile phone in the cab

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Just left my mobile phone in the cab

Any past experiences accidentally leaving your phone in the cab? What are the chances retrieving it? In my case, I reckon it fell off my pocket.

Kept calling my number. no answer. So I had to temporarily disconnect it.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Time to get a new phone!

Is it an iPhone or something advance? If no other passengers took it, there are chances the taxi driver will return it to you.

Send a txt to yourself, preferably in Chinese with your contact detail & rewards (if any).

9 times out of 10 if I leave something in a cab I get it back. Your main concern is if the driver didn't notice and the next passenger decided to help themselves to it. Can also report it to the nearest police station, it's where the cab driver will most likely hand it in if he finds it.

If the passenger is a local there is a good chance that they will call you, answer your call or turn the phone in to the cop shop or the Cellular provider. I have had this happen a few times and people here are fairly honest. Just give it some time as it takes upto a week for the cops to call you.

Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    9 times out of 10 if I leave something in a cab I get it back. Your main concern is if the driver didn't notice and the next passenger decided to help themselves to it. Can also report it to the nearest police station, it's where the cab driver will most likely hand it in if he finds it.
    9 times out of 10 is very high! I asked a Chinese friend of mine to contact the cab company to broadcast the lost phone on the radio. I called a few times and sent an SMS. I might just report it to the police station as well.

Hoping to hear something fortunate.

9 times out of 10 is no exageration.I left my phone in te trolley of park n shop, when i called a guy answered and asked me to collect it from the counter!!I got it back!it was a brand new phone! My hubby left his ,again brand new (dont ask me how we manage this ) blackberry in a cab.the cab driver asked for 1000$ to return it.after a lot of haggling, and some begging..ha haa,the guy gave it back for 500$. wish you all the best.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by reddbod:
    9 times out of 10 is very high! I asked a Chinese friend of mine to contact the cab company to broadcast the lost phone on the radio. I called a few times and sent an SMS. I might just report it to the police station as well.

Hoping to hear something fortunate.
    I have left/lost my phone in the past but unfortunately no one has ever done the good samaritan so I'm still doubtful. Also I have already disconnected the line temporarily fearing that it may be used for something else like phoning a relative or a friend outside the country. I have roaming.

I'll still report it later to the police station though.

Cancelling the SIM was probably a mistake. My experience is the same - if it's ringing then someone may well answer it, and you may well get it back. Remember if it's on the floor of the cab and there is no passenger the driver won't be able to pick up the phone immediately even when he realises it's there. I've only left my phone in a cab once, and I got it back. I know others who have done the same, and one whose iPhone fell out of her pocket onto an MTR platform as she was boarding and she only realised as the train was leaving. She got that back too.

Also another problem is...I've set my phone on vibrate. Last time this happened to me, I received a huge bill and arguing to my network subscriber doesn't really help. They say if it wasn't reported at the time of the said outgoing call on the bill then and I have to pay for the charges.

So this time reporting the issue promptly is somehow crucial

Good thing i don't have any indecent stuff stored in my phone........or so i think

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast