Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MovingIn07
  • 1 Post By carang
  • 2 Post By Dreadnought

terminating my helper

Closed Thread

terminating my helper

hi,

im new in HK and not aware of the HK regulations regarding domestic help.
    i just hired this filipina 4 days ago( leaving out) she comes when she wants and leaves when she wants. she supposed to work 12 hours but she does 8 at the max.
    she is careless with my son and so on...
    i want to terminate her. i didn't use any agency though. need to know what my next step should be and what should i expect

remember whatever you do... put everything in writing and let her counter sign it. and have a neutral 3rd party be a witness it. give a copy to her, to the immigration dept, and one for your file.

for more info:

When you decide to terminate the employment contract of your foreign domestic helper, you should notify the Immigration Department within 7 days of the date of termination. This article will tell you how to notify Immigration Department online.

GovHK: Online Notification of Premature Termination of Employment Contracts of Foreign Domestic Helpers

and

The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

4 days is not a long time to evaluate someone. Would it not be wiser first to sit down with her and explain your expectations, why she is not meeting them and give her a little longer to adapt to you, and you to her, before terminating?

Football16 likes this.

not to mention the fact that if you hired her and she is on a FDH visa, it is ILLEGAL for her to live out... YOU could get into trouble, too.

you will find that EVERY house is run differently, with different expectations. you CANNOT expect her to know how YOU want things done unless YOU train her!!!

Football16 likes this.

First question is does she have a legal contract processed through the immigration dept.? If you have employed her illegally then you don't have to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lorika:
    hi,
    i want to terminate her.
    The Governator of California might be of some assistance.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Stoob and BenderBends like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    First question is does she have a legal contract processed through the immigration dept.?
    Tsk tsk, hull, please keep up... she wants to take out a contract on this joker... terminate her and let her sleep with the fishes.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Tsk tsk, hull, please keep up... she wants to take out a contract on this joker... terminate her and let her sleep with the fishes.
    In that case just a slab of concrete and the harbour it is.

Cheapest option would be to pay for a holiday home. As we all know the Phils is by far the most dangerous place in the world (according to the HK travel warnings at least) so the chances of her getting back to HK alive are quite low.
    Last edited by hullexile; 14-11-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    As we all know the Phils is by far the most dangerous place in the world (according to the HK travel warnings at least)
    And you're moving there?!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    And you're moving there?!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yes because the warning is a pile of poo but we don't want to get onto that topic again do we?

Statistically more chance of being murdered in the USA than in the Phils.
    Last edited by hullexile; 14-11-2010 at 05:13 PM.