Reliable Storage Company

Closed Thread

Reliable Storage Company

Hi

I am looking to rent a storage place around 40-50sq foot.

Just wondering if anyone has had reliable and good experiences with any of the companies which have branches around North Point or Quarry Bay?

If so, could you please recommend to me.

Cheers

No experience but one word of caution on storage. Get insurance and be careful of the wording in the policies as the exclusions are absolutely essential reading in the event you will need it.

Policies differ if it is commercial goods or household furniture, etc.

Home policies in Canada restrict your household goods to be in storage not longer than 30 days without extra coverage (I had to check that during a home reno we did years back).

Not sure of HK but in Canada this is not expensive but very critical. Rodents, water leakage, humidity and fire are all possible. Document, film footage is good too and get photos of it in storage because you don't want a fight with an insurer after.

We had friends who moved to England and left their furniture in storage in one of West Vancouver's most prestigious local businesses that burnt to ashes. They were shocked that the payout was by weight $7 per ton or some such ridiculous figure. My friend calls to say (an executive and CFO!!!) he thought the building was insured. I said it was. Your contents are not part of that other than the silly amount of goods paid out by weight. He should have had his home insurance agent arrange for insurance! My wife was happy as they had to re-buy their high end furniture through her when they came back.

OK thanks for the warnings. Will def pay close attention to it.