Like Tree28Likes

Latest HSBC idiocy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Latest HSBC idiocy

So I can't find my security device. So I go into the branch and ask for a new one .... come back next day and pick up new one ... told I must activate it online.

Go online - in the middle of the activation - final part required.... the number from the OLD security device. WTF? Are these guys absolutely brainless or what?

OK, fixed with a phone call (being Premier the phone is answered after only a few minutes of navigating menu's, rather than a 20 minute wait) but still......

im surprised you werent required to go into the branch to file and sign a notarized application to retrieve old security device number after a 2 week wait.

i loathe them.

elle likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    So I can't find my security device ... Are these guys absolutely brainless or what?

PDLM likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    im surprised you werent required to go into the branch to file and sign a notarized application to retrieve old security device number after a 2 week wait.

i loathe them.
    Me too. Being Premier I only get bad service, rather than the absolutely awful service everyone else gets.

Did you actually make it clear at the branch that the reason you wanted a new security device was that you had lost the old one? Given that the new one has more capabilities I imagine many people are simply upgrading from one to the other, so the process you describe is reasonable for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:

It would have turned up - it's only been misplaced because I've been so busy lately. But I have a few major financial transactions this week which were unforeseen (like being made redundant and buying my own company, all on the same day) which required access to internet banking!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    OK, fixed with a phone call (being Premier the phone is answered after only a few minutes of navigating menu's, rather than a 20 minute wait) but still......
    If as a Premier you can't get to a real person within about 30 seconds then I'm afraid that's user error.

the one thing i think HSBC is trying to pull a fast one is on their 20HKD charges for any statement of accounts to be sent to you.

their argument is 'going green'..

but, well, they are only offering to keep 1 year of your statement of accounts.
    which mean that everyone who have any sense of understanding of computer technology (i.e. the fallability and crashability of computer/memory/optical device) would know the only way to have a permanent copy safely is to print them out.

so now, their idea of green = they don't print, but you do.

or is it essentially they telling us that they are not keen to foot the postage bill of posting statements?!?

i'd be more than happy to go online statement-less if they offer to keep 8 years of statements in electronic format (which is 1. fairly cheap, 2. the requirement by most authorities in terms of support document for taxation, etc.)

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I'm just pulling your leg Moving...

Perhaps one of those devices which responds to a whistle is a good idea. My bank doesn't use these things, for which I am grateful. I already seem to have too much to keep track off without something needed to access online banking. This scenario must happen hundreds of times a day (considering the number of HSBC customers) and there must be a way for HSBC resolve it without such rigmarole. Although it might be something else HSBC can charge for.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 23-11-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Moving, if its any comfort to you, all the other banks in HK (and probably the world) have just as stupid policies.

But in all fairness in this situation, like PDLM asked, did you tell the bank that you had lost your security device?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast