Like Tree1Likes

Need help with helper

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

PDLM is looking for a date!

She needs a schedule. We created one using the template from Helper's Helper. So there are morning and afternoon tasks, and then we've separated daily, weekly monthly chores. The only timings on her schedule are related to our son i.e. what time he needs to be picked up from the bus stop and his meals. HTH

PDLM has got a point.
    I would like to add that she suffers from internet addiction
    And it is telling that nobody here noticed it..........

seriously, try to hook her off the net.
    confiscate the laptop.
    make it difficult for her to go online.
    give her meaningful advice

Turn off the wireless so she can't get online

Treat her like any other emplyeee. You're the boss. Go over the job description one more time with her and make sure she understands. Give a couple of warnings starting from nice and soft verbal ones esclating into first and second written warnings. If she does not value her job - fire her and get a new employee.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    She needs a schedule. We created one using the template from Helper's Helper. So there are morning and afternoon tasks, and then we've separated daily, weekly monthly chores. The only timings on her schedule are related to our son i.e. what time he needs to be picked up from the bus stop and his meals. HTH
    Good one. I've seen these on many a kitchen wall in local households that employee a maid.

It does get tiring being a boss at home too <

These are all the reasons I don't want a helper! But I have a non-working husband so he can clean etc ... you seem to have this too now, so much less risky to fire the helper. (Discussing this with your husband might lead to him helping you manage the helper - at least that would be one less chore for you!)

Thanks so much everyone for your insights. Yes, I do have to start thinking more of her as an employee. But no, I wish I didn't have to be a boss at home. I can't wait to use the task schedules, though. And my husband is going to change the wifi password so she can't access it during the day. I have my little chat all worked out. Wish I didn't have to do it, but I'm looking forward to putting it all on the table and moving forward. We'll see how we go.

Quote Originally Posted by trocadero:
    And my husband is going to change the wifi password so she can't access it during the day.
    You'll have to just hope that the "lacy bra and towel" act doesn't get tried on, and work with, him then