Like Tree1Likes

Need help with helper

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

and, taking the points WOULD bother me, the lying would just make it worse. it IS stealing. those were YOUR points. she redeemed them, didn't ask you, didn't tell you about it when you asked....

just how could you possibly expect to have her in your home now? you would question EVERYTHING she tells you.... if you have kids...i wouldn't trust her as far as i could throw her with them.

The fact she does have a son shouldn't excuse her of stealing or lying, if anything she should try harder FOR her son so that she can consistently support him and be a good role model for him.

If she has anyone to blame for losing her job, its herself for deceiving her boss over something so silly like spam !

I agree with everything said above. With whatcyou now know the onus is on you to safeguard your household from any further abuse of trust.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with the points above. Sack her. I agree with Carang, the points was stealing, the lying made it worse and she is in charge of your child - yikes - get her out of there before she does anything worse! I would also check your jewellery or anything else she might have pilfered and if there is anything bigger than moneyback points, go to the police. It's not in her, or her son's interest to steal and lie. It's not in your interest to protect her.

All of this is simmering and mixing in my brain. I really appreciate everyone's insights. Lots of very valid points and perspectives. Thanks.

What happened with your maid....may I ask? I had the same thing happen to me with the moneyback card.....slightly different twist. She redeemed them....told me it was because they were about to expire. News to me!

Miss D, I gave her til the end of January to pull her socks up. I'm going to do the shopping for a while, except at the markets. Watch out, because I've since learned that using the points 'because they're about to expire' is a common excuse. You can also check redemption for points at the moneyback website. I think it's worth keeping an eye on the points yourself. It's not as if they're particularly valuable, but snitching them is still not on. I've become a little cynical over this and have turned giving my helper almost complete autonomy to being a micro-manager. I'll know much better how to strike a balance next time...
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by trocadero; 29-12-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Drat - can't insert the missing 'from' on my iPhone.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4