2 12.50%
  • It is a formm of theft since vouchers of money are the rewards

12 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Cheating - Quiz Nights

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cheating - Quiz Nights

I am sad to say, I know of a person who cheats via mobile sms messages to people all over the world to get the correct answers.

The quiz is held in a nice HK restaurant and lots of teams play honestly. They win prizes of money to be spent in the same restaurant. Average $1000

Should I alert the management or just let it go? It happens nearly every time a certain member of a team attends.

What goes around comes around does not always apply fast enough.

Last edited by WantingOut; 07-02-2007 at 01:15 AM. Reason: spelling

not allowed

not allowed

Last edited by WantingOut; 07-02-2007 at 01:26 AM.

you have to judge

It's clear from you name and your previous posts that you really don't fit in HK. Why don't you just f**k off home (wherever that is)? You obviously can't cope with the way things are done here.

Smile Answers

Personally I sometimes check the answers as I go to see if I'm right when I attend quiz nights...are you sure they aren't just playing fairly and checking as they go along for fun? It is just a game! And believe me I'm the last person to be a serious competitor! Ha Ha.

Kris

Whoa PDLM .. that was so umm ... not british.

The whole cheating thing happens a lot. I know atleast two teams that rely on their blackberry / browser phones to google the answers.

Then there are those who step outside to make a quick phone call (those stuck with 2003 phones).

Personally .. I'd think that if you have to use your phone to win, it is just not cricket. Wait .. it never was.

Kris -- as you can see from PDLM's response .. this is a blood sport we're talking about.

Last edited by KnowItAll; 07-02-2007 at 10:05 AM.

>> nice HK restaurant

Very debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by WantingOut:
    I am sad to say, I know of a person who cheats via mobile sms messages to people all over the world to get the correct answers.

The quiz is held in a nice HK restaurant and lots of teams play honestly. They win prizes of money to be spent in the same restaurant. Average $1000

Should I alert the management or just let it go? It happens nearly every time a certain member of a team attends.

What goes around comes around does not always apply fast enough.
    Just for the record, I assume it is the Bulldog's quiz you're talking about?

And for personal reference, which losing team are you on?

VMLinuz : do you mean that you folks are googling the answers?

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    VMLinuz : do you mean that you folks are googling the answers?
    For what it's worth, I don't think cheating is right, and if it's my team, I don't allow it.

That said... I was at a charity conference a few years ago which had a pub quiz. I was on the tech team for the conference, with a couple of mates, and we went in for the quiz as a team - "A Gaggle of Geeks". Since we were the ones who'd setup the wifi for the conference, we decided it was only fair that we made use of it. Amazingly enough, the renamed "Google of Geeks" won the quiz

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast