Like Tree50Likes

creepy people asking for money

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    A South-East Asian guy once approached me near the ticket machines at Kowloon Station about a year ago. I looked at him for a moment, heard him out (said he was from Malaysia), took note of his ID card no. and got him what he asked for - a ticket to Tuen Mun, or Tsuen Wan, can't remember (as opposed to the fare).
    Similar thing happened with me a year ago, under the HSBC main building, a guy wanted money to buy bus ticket, I felt bad, so gave him some money, but next day I saw him doing the same drill again. Learnt my lesson, I have.

A South Asian dude came straight up to me while walking in Queensway shopping mall one time and immediately started to preach about how I would live to 80 and be wealthy etc. I made the mistake of listening of him for too long and he asked me to put HKD100 in his little prayer book, which of course I didn't, just gave him $10 to shut him up haha. never again though!

Quote Originally Posted by Laza_spur:
    A South Asian dude came straight up to me while walking in Queensway shopping mall one time and immediately started to preach about how I would live to 80 and be wealthy etc. I made the mistake of listening of him for too long and he asked me to put HKD100 in his little prayer book, which of course I didn't, just gave him $10 to shut him up haha. never again though!
    aaah yes, the Indian fortune tellers...."madam, you have such a lucky face".....there used to be a few hanging around in Central

I generally get girls approaching me for 'mass are gee'!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    aaah yes, the Indian fortune tellers...."madam, you have such a lucky face".....there used to be a few hanging around in Central
    Oh, happened with me too. "madam, you have a lucky face and are very generous, but you think too much. you have a better future ahead. blah blah blah....we run a charity for poor kids in Kashmir, would you like to donate something" I was already in very bad mental state those days and those nice words of better future ahead almost did the trick, till he talked about donate thing.

Once in Jordon an India lady approcahed me and said "you are also indian so you will understand my problem. My mother is sick and hospitalised and I dont have money to go to hospital. She is in Pok Fu lam. Please give me some money, blah blah....a brilliant actress she was, she also had tears in her eyes and totally messed up hair. I gave her 40$ only to realise I was conned. I went out and saw her going in opposite direction instead of MTR and she saw me and immediately said, I am just going to buy water from that shop.

Learnt my lesson!

Its because of these kind of people that we dont believe people who are genuinely in need.

Indian lady with 3 kids got on the same green minibus as me the other day and only paid 1 fare (occupying 4 seats shoould be 4 fares). Bus driver drove for a while assuming she would pay at the next traffic lights or whatever. But when he got to the next bus stop, the fare drops from $4 to $2 and he was yelling at her to hurry up and beep her octopus so he could adjust the machine and let more passengers on.

She was like "what is he yelling at". Asking everyone on the bus in english. Nobody said anything. The driver wouldnt open the doors for the next passengers to get on because he didnt want to change the octopus machine. Everyone just sat on the bus while the driver was yelling in cantonese and she was pretending in english she had no idea what was going on.

Finally I said to her, "I dont speak Canto, but I think you need to pay for 4 fares". Then she was asking everyone on the bus if they have any money. Finally I gave her $10 so I could continue my journey. But this stupid woman should know you cant take up a quarter of the minibus and only pay one fare.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Indian lady with 3 kids got on the same green minibus as me the other day and only paid 1 fare (occupying 4 seats shoould be 4 fares). Bus driver drove for a while assuming she would pay at the next traffic lights or whatever. But when he got to the next bus stop, the fare drops from $4 to $2 and he was yelling at her to hurry up and beep her octopus so he could adjust the machine and let more passengers on.

She was like "what is he yelling at". Asking everyone on the bus in english. Nobody said anything. The driver wouldnt open the doors for the next passengers to get on because he didnt want to change the octopus machine. Everyone just sat on the bus while the driver was yelling in cantonese and she was pretending in english she had no idea what was going on.

Finally I said to her, "I dont speak Canto, but I think you need to pay for 4 fares". Then she was asking everyone on the bus if they have any money. Finally I gave her $10 so I could continue my journey. But this stupid woman should know you cant take up a quarter of the minibus and only pay one fare.
    Took a double decker tunnel bus and the fare was $9.30 and on the next stop 2 south asian guys got on and bargained with the bus driver for a lower fare. The driver kicked them out.

How cheap can you be to bargain the fare.

Quote Originally Posted by reddbod:
    Took a double decker tunnel bus and the fare was $9.30 and on the next stop 2 south asian guys got on and bargained with the bus driver for a lower fare. The driver kicked them out.

How cheap can you be to bargain the fare.
    Priceless!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Where I live there is an old woman who grabs people, just on the arm and not forceful. She just hangs around there because alot of tourists around.
    I wonder if this is the same old woman that tried to grab me outside Yaumatei few months back.
    Didnt take much noticed of her as pulled my arm back hard plus didnt hear what she was saying as had music on

There are plenty of these people here in HK, but the best (ridiculous) experience I had was back in the UK, when I was walking in High Park with a friend around 9pm (both of us are normal guy btw), a middle eastern guy came up to us and introduce himself, then asked us if we like sex? I was so close punching his face.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast