Like Tree50Likes

creepy people asking for money

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

creepy people asking for money

so i havent been living in hk for long, just a few weeks. today i was at the causeway bay mtr station and some guy grabbed me asking me for money. he said his friend had passed away and needed money. of course i didnt give him money and quickly walked off and he was shouting at me saying ``walk faster bat poh`
    i knew it was bs and plus he looked like a drug addict to me. anyways.. did anyone ever had similar experiences in the past.. i was quite traumatized especially he grabbed me.

Quote Originally Posted by dat_gurl:
    so i havent been living in hk for long, just a few weeks. today i was at the causeway bay mtr station and some guy grabbed me asking me for money. he said his friend had passed away and needed money. of course i didnt give him money and quickly walked off and he was shouting at me saying ``walk faster bat poh`
    i knew it was bs and plus he looked like a drug addict to me. anyways.. did anyone ever had similar experiences in the past.. i was quite traumatized especially he grabbed me.
    Sure. I was walking home in Sheung Wan and some innocent looking guy told me he was stranded and needed a couple of bucks to get home as he lost his wallet. It was about 1130 pm. Dumb me sympathized with him and gave him some money. Funny thing, the next day I was walking home and the asshole approached me again with the same story not remembering the day before....that I yelled at him and he quickly remembered and scurried off.

My favorites are the fake months that bother people around LKF asking for money. That takes a lot of balls.

Had a young gweilo try that with me on Hennessy Road on Tuesday, which was a first for me.

I remember when I was growing up in HK, a few of the international school kids would do that as a way of raising extra pocket money. Seems like this tactic is making a comeback...

I've seen a guy in Gold Coast. Young guy, smells to high heaven and is giving the same story about being lost, looking for bus to where ever and then asking for the fair. Sometimes he can follow u a little when u say no. Cheeky git.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Met a Western guy on the walk way of HK and Central station.

I thought he was about to ask me for directions, said he lost his wallet and needed money........I'm like call your consulate!

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    My favorites are the fake months that bother people around LKF asking for money. That takes a lot of balls.
    you mean monks?

I've seen that western guy, he's approached me twice too. Hey dude, try to remember the faces of the people you tried to scam before.

As for the monks, do what I do. As they extend their little golden tricket out don't break stride, just keeping walking, reach out, take it and keep on walking. Leaves them flabbergasted, but hey, you scam me, I scam you right back. I have quite the collection piled up now

Oh these clowns are quite irritating indeed. I used to get it at TST all the time. Not so much lately. Maybe they operate in gangs? What does bat poh mean by the way (in reference to OP)?

Quote Originally Posted by bak875:
    Met a Western guy on the walk way of HK and Central station.

I thought he was about to ask me for directions, said he lost his wallet and needed money........I'm like call your consulate!
    I have had a western guy approach me once at the Admiralty station with the same story last week!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast