Birthday Party Venues for 11 Year Old Boy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Birthday Party Venues for 11 Year Old Boy

Hi there, we just arrived in HK a month ago. We're looking for venues to host a party for our son. Headcount would be less than 10. Welcome any suggestions.

How about a Beach Party? You can contact Treasure Island. They do parties in Lantau. There's also another company that does them in Stanley and organizes games etc.

You can also have a science party. A couple of members have used
    Mad Science

Not sure if he's too old for a soccer birthday. You can contact the Brazilian Soccer League

Lastly, I think for my 11th, I took a few friends to the movies and pizza.

HTH

Hi Rani,

Old post that I'm bringing up again ...

Do you have the contact details of the company that does beach parties in Stanley? Or any other ideas to share for 11 yrs old birthday party?

Thanks!

I have South Bay Beach

South Bay Beach :: Hong Kong Baby, Pregnancy and Parenting

How about a Laser Tag birthday? My little guy wants to do it, but I think he's still a bit young.

I think we're going to have a Lego birthday this year, but am still stumped on the games. I can get them to build Lego, but I'm sure they'll get bored after 20 mins. Any ideas?

Thanks Rani.

My son wanted a paintball party, he thinks it's 'more cool' that laser tag, but the venue is fully booked. I was thinking of a 'fear factor' party but I have to admit it's beyond my capabilities to prepare the games / activities!

For your little guy's Lego party, have a look here:

Parties - Children's Technology Workshop (Hong Kong)

My son's friend attends workshops there and he loves it.

just regular party games... forget making the games themed, too...

whatever happened to kids running around entertaining themselves? i can't remember my mum EVER planning any games. the party was being able to get together with all my friends at the same time in the same place... we just played with the toys i had, watched movies etc.

i think kids are just expecting too much today...i hope and pray my kids are happy enough with the parties i "plan" for them....

Last edited by carang; 13-05-2010 at 11:31 AM.

I'm with you on this Carang ... except that, as I mentioned, I'm a total failure at organizing games / activities!

We simply went to the pool last year with 5-6 of his friends and that was great. The group is bigger this year - around 15 kids - and at 11 years old, they want 'fun and action'. Watching movies for instance is 'not interactive enough' - my son's words.

I'm most interested to 'plan' his party - fear factor games would be great - I need ideas and simple 'steps to follow' though!

did your school ever do "haunted houses"?

they had stuff like peeled grapes in a bowl (you couldn't see what they were), cut kiwi, sausages (uncooked) etc.

you had to do a: stick your hand in here, if you dare... i'll tell you what it is...eyeballs, sliced heart, intestines etc...you have to guess what you REALLY think it is... type thing...

i know one woman (deranged if you ask me)...she bought the equivalent of picnic chocolate bars, some lemon jello jelly and baby potties.... she placed the picnic bar on the bottom and then covered with the jelly and let it set in the potty... it looked like... well, you can guess

8 year olds won't play pass the parcel

i realise that... but i guess it depends on what is IN the parcel! LOL!

what i mean is that birthday parties in hk seem to be more about parental status than the kids having fun. i think the kids have a LOT to do with it,though, it's not all the parent's fault...

"BUT MUM! johnny had X,Y,Z! why can't i have that, too?"

seriously when i was 8, my parties were about getting together with friends to "play" whatever that might be... my mum planned NOTHING! she made homemade pizza and my birthday cake by herself. (i still have photos of it!) we all had a great time!

kids today seem to have the NEED to be entertained all the time...i think that is part of growing up in hk...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast