is there a limit on red minimum waiting time?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is there a limit on red minimum waiting time?

Just wondered if they ever leave without filling. . . If there is a maximum time they sit waiting for passengers. (on one now, been here 10mins so far, don't normally travel offpeak).

I've been on some that have left without filling. They tend to move especially when another empty red one appears behind them.

I think it would depend on the routing. Some routes seem point to point whereas others, particularly out this way in Sai Kung, are picking up passengers as they go.

often they won't leave until full, the drivers get paid per trip, so the more passengers they have, the more $ they make.

the red minibuses in sai kung take phone bookings... so you can book a seat at nam wai by simply calling them. they'll know they are picking someone up along the way and will leave without being full...

Indeed but, particularly in the mornings, the MK minibus will leave half full as it will fill up at the Tin Hau temple car park. The queue there each morning is huge!

exactly, they KNOW they will get other passengers... perhaps the route that moving is on, that is not a guarantee?

But is that not what I said in my original post as well?!

I think they have a set waiting time as they have to let other minibuses along the same route work as well.

I have been on very empty minibuses (usually late at night from Kowloon City area to Mong Kok) where the whole trip has only about 4 or 5 people. They tend to wait around near bus stops or near stations along the way but only about 10 minutes.

if it is, i apologise.. my mil is here at the moment and i feel like i have to take care of...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast