Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nassaugirl
  • 1 Post By dipper

Decent Man with a Van

Closed Thread

Decent Man with a Van

Anybody of a decent and not to expensive man with a van!

I am moving house soon and want to get my furniture moved!

Cheers

there two person i know first Tony 62336029 and Mr.Kwai 97794659

Cheers

Oh I just did a thread on this recently. I recommend Elite Movers. I used them a couple of weeks ago and they were quick and reliable.

They charged me HKD 580 an hour for three moving guys (plus tolls if applicable), it was 400 odd for 2 moving guys, I think. We did our own packing because we're cheap (!) but they could do that as well.

They will ask for a deposit of 500 upfront but it worked out fine, no funny business.

Quote Originally Posted by nassaugirl:
    Oh I just did a thread on this recently. I recommend Elite Movers. I used them a couple of weeks ago and they were quick and reliable.

They charged me HKD 580 an hour for three moving guys (plus tolls if applicable), it was 400 odd for 2 moving guys, I think. We did our own packing because we're cheap (!) but they could do that as well.

They will ask for a deposit of 500 upfront but it worked out fine, no funny business.
    What were their contact details? I found a website but not sure if it's the one. Do they also do business moves?

There's a Mae West joke struggling to get into this thread somewhere.

Ramdom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    What were their contact details? I found a website but not sure if it's the one. Do they also do business moves?
    Its this one: Elite Movers

I know it looks like a handyman site but they do moves as well. I think they will pretty much do whatever type of move so long as their truck is big enough to handle the job.
    virago likes this.

For reference, I would not recommend Mr Kwai. I used him to move some furniture recently and he broke an appliance in my apartment, then refused to pay for it or reduce his fee. He was actually quite rude and abusive and blamed me for leaving it in an "inconvenient place". I would definitely not use him again.

amazing. there's only one Mr. kwai mover in all of HK and somehow he is known to two users on this forum.