Cost to decorate a 700 sq/ft apartment?

Cost to decorate a 700 sq/ft apartment?

Hi,

We're just about to move out of our apartment and would like a rough idea of how much it would cost to decorate a 700 sq/ft apartment in plain white emulsion paint.

We're not planning on doing the work ourselves unless our landlord tries to charge us a huge amount for damages, but need an approximate figure so we can work out what's fair, IYSWIM?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

why don't you call some contractors and ask them? get a couple of quotes and then decide...

If just painting on top of the existing paint ~10K, if removing the exsiting and painting ~20/25K

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    If just painting on top of the existing paint ~10K, if removing the exsiting and painting ~20/25K
    With those prices you might as well do it yourself. I find indoor painting the easiest of home decoration.

Better still, have a working bee party. Invite your friends over, provide the beer and wine, nibbles and tools (cost you under $1500 I am sure) and then the work will be done in an hour!

If I read you correctly, you are saying you want to paint your OLD apartment when moving out? Why would you want to do this? Unless you have deliberately damaged the apartment in some way, its the landlord resopnsibility to maintain the property and you should not be held accountable for normal wear and tear.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    With those prices you might as well do it yourself. I find indoor painting the easiest of home decoration.

Better still, have a working bee party. Invite your friends over, provide the beer and wine, nibbles and tools (cost you under $1500 I am sure) and then the work will be done in an hour!
    Paint for a 700 sqf flat will be around 1.200 HKD ~ rough estimate of course since it depends on the paint quality

Agree doing it yourself is cheaper but don't kid yourself, unless you have experience, painting a full flat yourself without making mistake is not that easy.

Thanks all. Just to get an idea of the typical cost that our landlord is likely to ask from our deposit for scuffs and marks. Obviously we haven't been damaging it deliberately, just wanted to get a feel for likely cost as our landlord can often be slightly difficult to deal with!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Withhold the final rent to the value of the deposit and ask for an itemised bill of any issues and settle accordingly.

Wear and tear is reasonable - you should not have to repaint the whole flat!