Like Tree3Likes

Civil celebrant Vs Registry office: recommendations

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by chips:
    Thanks for giving an idea of price for civil celebrant Claire.
    That's higher than I thought it would be!
    I thought it would be on average around $3k-$4k.

It'll either be on a Friday or Saturday.
    I guess we can expect it to be more expensive on Saturday then.
    3-4K if they do it in their office, but I am sure a lot more if they have to travel and perform.

Cost of civil celebrants

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    3-4K if they do it in their office, but I am sure a lot more if they have to travel and perform.
    I see! I guess it'll be a lot more than first thought then.

Thanks

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The cheapest I've seen is $1900, inclusive and in their offices.

We used a company called An Oath for our wedding last year and they charged $3825 to come out to the park and conduct the ceremony + $305 govt charges. They also have a class you attend to explain the whole "getting married" process ie which hand to hold the ring, which side to stand when walking down the aisle... A bit too much really, but I suppose better too much info than too little. I had my ceremony conducted in Cantonese though, but their website has solicitors that can conduct the ceremony in English (dont know how good their English will be, u might need to call and ask to speak to them first).
    You choose the solicitor you like the look of, ratings by previous couples, even has video clip of them conducting a ceremony so you can compare.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by sillycow:
    We used a company called An Oath for our wedding last year and they charged $3825 to come out to the park and conduct the ceremony + $305 govt charges. They also have a class you attend to explain the whole "getting married" process ........................Posted via Mobile Device
    Thanks sillycow for that recommendation. Will see if they have a website.

Hmm! Just wondering if it's worth getting most of the legal paperwork done beforehand to save time on the day.