Like Tree25Likes

sales too aggreessive in hk?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

I do think sales people in HK are too aggressive and I'm a sales person myself! Although I work in an office and deal with other businesses through meetings.

There are many other techniques to get a sale out of people without having to be overly pushy.

I imagine the sales staff are just doing what they are told. They are probably under instructions to approach everyone and to hover around you at all costs, usually this involves pointing out inane facts about the products, like "this one is black"... Bauhaus springs to mind. I usually smile and ask politely, "can you leave me to look around and I will call you if I need any help". It probably works 50% of the time.

Wearing headphones works 99% of the time but you feel like a bit of a jerk for just ignoring them. I find it hard to do that.

Anyone have a better strategy?

Last edited by mrdollars; 16-02-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

If I go into a retail store and I get hovered I know at least I can get the hell out if Im feeling too pressured and they won't go after me.

What I hate the most are the sales reps on the street. One time I made eye contact with one of the guys and so he decided to come after me... so I literally ran... I swear he was still after me after I ran 2 streets.

Talk about being aggressive! From then on I NEVER make eye contact with anyone I suspect are sales reps on the street.

Last edited by mojovial; 16-02-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5