What is with the HK 7's ticket "extortion"?!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is with the HK 7's ticket "extortion"?!

It used to be a couple years ago that the general public, over the big corporations, could get tickets for the HK Rugby 7's. Apparently this has changed. Tickets for public consumption are incredibly difficult to get and if you happen to find someone willing to part with a ticket or two they will only do so with phenominally high prices often at least 4 times the originaly price. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy to pay above face rates but seriously... 4000HKD for a ticket that cost 850HKD is insane. Double the price is fair but for those of us living in China that amount is just not realistic and a great many rugby fans have to miss this fantastic weekend. It would almost be cheaper to fly to Singapore with Cathay and receive HK 7's tickets. That should not be.

For those that have tickets and plan on attending, enjoy!
    For those trying to sell, please be reasonable.
    And for those without tickets, good luck.

Understand and sympathise totally, Locals here will queue up for anything and if they make a few bucks out of it then all the better.

The problem is that at $4000 people would still be willing to pay for these tickets because of course the demand is there otherwise the prices would plummet if nobody was prepared to pay that amount.

Yes for sure there needs to be a better way but when some individuals are paying students/unemployed people to queue up on their behalf to get multiple tickets and they're the ones killing it for everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by globetrotter987:
    It would almost be cheaper to fly to Singapore with Cathay and receive HK 7's tickets.
    Just for the record, I've tried to do that and CX's quota of tickets sold out some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by globetrotter987:
    And for those without tickets, good luck.
    thanks for the good luck wish, I need it!!!

o well c'est la vie
    Last edited by sp1key; 01-03-2007 at 04:42 PM.

The new stadium will have a much higher capacity so the problem should be reduced. Unfortunately not for another 5 years though.
    There is a Rugby Village opposite the stadium where the rugby will be shown live on a big, big screen, beer, food, games etc.

We've got to do a party @ the Rugby Village ...

I hear you on the whole demand issue and the fact that people are williing to pay such inflated prices. And while it is frustrating I guess all we can do is try to make the best of the rugby weekend. I'm liking the village idea if tickets don't work out.
    Good Luck, and maybe see the ticket-less there.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    We've got to do a party @ the Rugby Village ...
    sorry but what rugby village? Is there some place where we can watch the games on tv? or?

I'm definitely keen on it

sp1key : wait for a day or two .. we're trying to arrange something with the organisers (probably secure an area for a hundred or so GeoExpats...).

Big screen TVs .. huge area and plenty of drinks. Should be a lot of fun for us rejects who cannot get tickets.

I'm on cloud 9 already thanks on behalf of all the rejects here

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast