where can i buy oak?

Closed Thread

where can i buy oak?

hi all. i'd like to buy a big thick piece of oak to use as a dining table top. apart from the obvious "just go to that Tree store and buy a ready_made oak table", does anyone know where i could just buy a big piece to layer over an existing table frame? thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I am also looking for a big piece of wood I would like to use to make a shelf.

I found one shop that used old village house doors from china to make furniture. It is located, if I recall, on the 2nd floor of a building on Lockhart Road.

The way I found it was walking along the walkway from the MTR to Immigration Tower - you can see directly into the shop as you cross Lockhard Road.

I don't think they had much oak though - more sandalwood if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    I am also looking for a big piece of wood I would like to use to make a shelf.

I found one shop that used old village house doors from china to make furniture. It is located, if I recall, on the 2nd floor of a building on Lockhart Road.

The way I found it was walking along the walkway from the MTR to Immigration Tower - you can see directly into the shop as you cross Lockhard Road.

I don't think they had much oak though - more sandalwood if memory serves.

Thanks heaps for that - good suggestion. I'll check the place out.

Sounds excellent! I use hardwood in my business, and I'd love to use reclaimed wood.