View Poll Results: What is your monthly salary?

Voters
722. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 10,000

68 9.42%
  • 11-20 K

108 14.96%
  • 21-30 K

109 15.10%
  • 31-40 K

96 13.30%
  • 41-50 K

59 8.17%
  • 51-60 K

57 7.89%
  • 61-70 K

41 5.68%
  • 71-80 K

29 4.02%
  • 81-90 K

30 4.16%
  • 91-100 K

16 2.22%
  • 101-110 K

20 2.77%
  • More than 111 K

89 12.33%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 611121314
Like Tree13Likes

How much do you earn?

This reminds me of a story........groan, I know!

Anyway, around 10 years ago, a group of us were in a pub in England talking politics. All of us were late twenties/early thirties and not long into our chosen careers, I was on about 30k sterling in those days and I guess we all seemed like we were on the same sort of incomes.....just on the property ladder, some just leaving home, modest cars, etc....

Anyway, the topic of tax came up and someone mentioned the newly proposed tax on people earning over 100k.....well we all laughed, "glad we're not earning that much then..!"......suddenly, everyone noticed Brett.......Brett sitting very quietly.....it suddenly dawned on us, Brett was earning over 100k!!

Anyway, the point is, sometimes you don't know how much your friends really make...

MovingIn07 likes this.

i know exactly what my friends make....more than me.....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english
    This reminds me of a story........groan, I know!

Anyway, around 10 years ago, a group of us were in a pub in England talking politics. All of us were late twenties/early thirties and not long into our chosen careers, I was on about 30k sterling in those days and I guess we all seemed like we were on the same sort of incomes.....just on the property ladder, some just leaving home, modest cars, etc....

Anyway, the topic of tax came up and someone mentioned the newly proposed tax on people earning over 100k.....well we all laughed, "glad we're not earning that much then..!"......suddenly, everyone noticed Brett.......Brett sitting very quietly.....it suddenly dawned on us, Brett was earning over 100k!!

Anyway, the point is, sometimes you don't know how much your friends really make...

What surprises me is that a guy like Brett, who was earning over 100k sterling at such a young age, wasn't quick witted enough to laugh along with the group and thus not reveal his income.

Maybe Brett was actually a quick witted toilet cleaner

closedcasket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alan1ng2
    hmmmm... then I must be wrong about his pay. Well, he's not with cx, but he's a qualified instructor and been a captain for many years.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

It seems cx pays very well. I spoke with a pilot friend of mine (not with cx) and they don't do nearly as well. Skyhook can correct me if I'm wrong, but cx might pay better than a lot of other airlines because all pilots are international pilots?? In the US, it takes pilots decades and logging tons of flight time on smaller aircraft to work your way up to the level of captain on long haul international flights....than the pilots start making really good money.

Reminds me of a commercial airline crash near Buffalo NY several years ago. The young female pilot was trying to work her way up the ranks. At the time of the crash, she was making 28,000 USD per year. Commuter pilots in the US are woefully underpaid, and often work second jobs (scary thought).

Cx is one of the most profitable airlines in the world so they can afford to pay their pilots high salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master
    Cx is one of the most profitable airlines in the world so they can afford to pay their pilots high salaries.
    CX no longer pays high salaries to new hires (or even realistic housing allowances), they've recently been recruiting in India and Pakistan to try and get pilots willing to accept their reduced packages.

They're also running a loss this year (haven't had a good year since 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master
    Since when does company profit equate to higher employee wages? I wish
    z754103 likes this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 611121314