aircraft carrier spotting?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

aircraft carrier spotting?

has anyone seen the USS ronald reagan? where is it anchored during its stay in HK? i'd love to photograph it...

thanks!

dezza - we did see it roll through the south side of the harbour.

Not sure where they've docked.

It's in the Western Anchorage, over on the way to Disco Bay, but nearer the bridge.

http://www.mardep.gov.hk/en/pub_services/arridepa.html

That site will give you the arrival, departure, and berthing information for any ship in the harbor.

In port
    Vessel Name IMO No Sign Flag Arrival Time Current/Last Location Agent Name
    ----------------------- ------- ------- --------------- ---------------- ------------------------ ---------------------------------
    USS RONALD REAGAN NRGN UNITED STATES 2007/03/07 08:49 WESTERN ANCHORAGE NO.2 WARSHIP

Here is the location of the full battle group:

In port
    Vessel Name IMO No Sign Flag Arrival Time Current/Last Location Agent Name
    ----------------------- ------- ------- --------------- ---------------- ------------------------ ---------------------------------
    USS PAUL HAMILTON NPHA UNITED STATES 2007/03/07 10:30 KELLETT ANCHORAGE NO.1 WARSHIP
    USNS TIPPECANOE NTIP UNITED STATES 2007/03/07 10:17 PUN SHAN SHEK ANCHORAGE WARSHIP
    USS GREENEVILLE NGVL UNITED STATES 2007/03/07 12:41 PUN SHAN SHEK ANCHORAGE WARSHIP
    USS RUSSELL NEVV UNITED STATES 2007/03/07 07:23 PUN SHAN SHEK ANCHORAGE WARSHIP
    USS RONALD REAGAN NRGN UNITED STATES 2007/03/07 08:49 WESTERN ANCHORAGE NO.2 WARSHIP
    USS LAKE CHAMPLAIN NCPN UNITED STATES 2007/03/07 09:18 GOVERNMENT MOORING BUOY WARSHIP

Last edited by penguinsix; 09-03-2007 at 08:13 AM.

Thanks for that information - I've also been wondering where it was anchored. Are there any live cams around HK that give views over the harbour. The traffic ones I can watch on TV if I am REALLY bored - but are there any others that show the harour areas or city areas?

Thanks for that information - I've also been wondering where it was anchored. Are there any live cams around HK that give views over the harbour. The traffic ones I can watch on TV if I am REALLY bored - but are there any others that show the harbour areas or city areas?

It's kind of tough to see from any webcams because it is in kind of a boring spot. You won't even get that good of a view from the Disco ferry.

But if you are bored, click away:
    http://www.citybus.com.hk/eng/News/w...ebcam_list.asp
    http://traffic.td.gov.hk/SwitchCenter.do
    http://www.goandroam.com/webcams/china/hk/

thanks everyone! i'll head out that way to check it out..

Thanks Penguinsix - the websites you provided on shipping info and webcams was useful - I love warship spotting!! (and other ships like the Queen Mary 2 the other week)

USS Nimitz

Does anyone know of a good spot to view/photograph the USS Nimitz and its support fleet that arrived this morning? Any regular ferry routes go past it?
    Thanks

if they are parked near the bridge then u could try the view point from Airport Core Programe Exibition Centre in castle peak road - Ting Kau, this has a great veiw point with Binoculars to look over the Ting Kau / Tsing Ma Bridge / Lantau, or there is another view point just at the entrance to the Tsing Ma Bridge called the Lantau Link Visitor Centre, which is on a small hill, walk to the top and you might get a good view.

All the above locations are good if the carrier and support ships are located near the bridge. If not then cant help u much. Happy Ship Spotting.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast