Like Tree8Likes

PCCW/NowTV rant

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    The price we pay for living in the World's Freest Economy (TM) with the World's Shittiest Customer Services (TM).
    I got through through on a Marketing email today and gave me a chuckle about customer service.

Hong Kong - Hong Kong Broadband Network will launch dedicated customer engagement team to service its 500,000-plus network of users.

As part of a plan to reinforce its commitment to customer services, the broadband provider will launch a campaign tomorrow (15 January) to reinforce its commitment to customer services.

The "Service with Heart" campaign aims to raise the bar of customer service and will include a dedicated customer engagement team to give its 500,000 customers direct access customers with inquiries.

"With these new service innovations, we're pledging ourselves to deliver the most efficient, attentive service possible," June Lam, associate director, marketing at HKBN, said.

My question is, wasn't there already a 'dedicated customer service team' before?

This one is good.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    You wonder why Telstra lost nearly $600mil last year on the PCCW/Telstra joint venture deal they have been trying to get out of for years. All up it could cost telstra $1billion in losses! Try and explain that to the board of directors! I would say these execs are not around anymore.
    Telstra deserve whay they get and hope they feel shafted like they regularly do to their own customers.
    Well ok, to be fair to Telstra, at least the customer service people don't sound like total robots and have some common sense, can be reasoned with in the case of a blatant error on t eir part.

Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by Loz_2; 14-02-2011 at 09:24 PM.

can't believe OP did what he did.
    but then my friends say I am too careful.
    when I check into a hotel in China I never use credit card and even try to bargain down the deposit...

Last edited by Morrison; 14-02-2011 at 09:31 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

I always get final notices in the mail for my broadband from PCCW but never the actual notice!!!

It's also mysteriously gone up $8!

This is what happens when the government mistake having an incompetent/useless/rubber toothed regulator to be economic freedom.

Australia (#3 on the index) seems to have some tough regulators yet the companies mysteriously make money.

The lack of a competition law doesn't exactly help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    Telstra deserve whay they get and hope they feel shafted like they regularly do to their own customers.
    Well ok, to be fair to Telstra, at least the customer service people don't sound like total robots and have some common sense, can be reasoned with in the case of a blatant error on t eir part.

Posted via Mobile Device
    I sold my Telstra shares when they were at their highest so I have a bit of a soft spot for them!

Though people bag them in Australia their service is far better than the others! Though you pay more for it!

Terminate the PCCW Sevice

Is there anyone around here who has terminated the service after getting fed-up with all these?

I did as i was planning to move outside Hong Kong (Job Requirement). I have sent them Company Transfer letter and other details as well. They have also told me that they will consider dropping the penalty as i am moving out of country.

But they have sent the written notification on my earlier Post address - around 3000 for Now TV and Netvigator.

Please suggest as i am fed up with this.

Thank You very much in advance.

Why should they waive charges that you agreed to? What's in it for them? If you can't predict your life then don't make commitments that you can't afford to honour!

just saw this and had to share, LOL!!! Hong Kong Expattery

nobby15 and Plutark like this.