Like Tree8Likes

PCCW/NowTV rant

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PCCW/NowTV rant

OK I know these get boring there are so many of them but just to get this off my chest...

Left HK in December and terminated my contract with NowTV/Netvigator. This was on a Sunday so the man on the phone at their end said "We don't collect on a Sunday, leave the equipment with the security guard of your block and we will collect it". Did so. Now I find they have taken HK$2500 from my credit card for not returning the equipment. Checked with the management office and the stuff is no longer there. I have nothing in writing so can't prove anything.

ou7blaze likes this.

I had the same problem with them and they refunded me after a few weeks. Just keep calling them up until they sort it out.

That sucks. I'm glad I pay them by cheque every couple of months.

i got a call on friday night from a collection agent stating that i owed $5.5k for netvigator and another $1.5k for nowtv...

this is what happened:

when i first opened my centre, i got netvigator connected. within 6 weeks they started a promotion that offered a free notebook... so after dozens of calls, they agreed to give the the notebook BUT, i'd have to get my current connection terminated and they would reconnect me with a new connection (sounded stupid to me but ok)....

so guy shows up. takes out one functioning modem. puts in new functioning modem.... then INSISTS that i take nowtv, too! i say, this is a learning centre... there IS NO TV....but he insists... so i've been storing this damned box since oct 2008...

i have now discovered that they NEVER DISCONNECTED the first connection (which is what i've been paying in person at 7-11)... they've been charging my credit card for the second connection (when my credit cards were stolen in bkk in september is when the bills stopped being paid) and now they say i owe THEM money...

my thinking is this: not only do i NOT owe them money, but they should be refunding what was taken off of my credit card from october 2008 until sept 2010....

a bunch of bloody crooks!

i went and spoke to my neighbour, a lawyer, who has said that he's been arguing with them too over something similar.

good luck!

bookblogger likes this.

Eh? They billed your credit card for two years and you didn't notice?

i know, i know...thing is i haven't used the credit card to buy anything, i just keep paying it off. i do it all on line (just transfer from my company acct to the credit card acct) and haven't really examined the bills... i know it's a lesson i have now learned...

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    OK I know these get boring there are so many of them but just to get this off my chest...

Left HK in December and terminated my contract with NowTV/Netvigator. This was on a Sunday so the man on the phone at their end said "We don't collect on a Sunday, leave the equipment with the security guard of your block and we will collect it". Did so. Now I find they have taken HK$2500 from my credit card for not returning the equipment. Checked with the management office and the stuff is no longer there. I have nothing in writing so can't prove anything.
    Keep bugging them! Did you not get the name of the person you spoke to over the phone? I always do this. Just tell him you called them on that particular Sunday, they should have the records. Once they messed up on one of my bills a few years ago, I pushed them so hard that they took me off the credit card system and now I pay at 7/11 (no deposit needed) Worst company in HK!

I hate PCCW and NOW TV.

- Premier League deal was suddenly lost this year so my awesome sports package was worth nothing.
    - My internet has been shit the day we signed up for it. I think our contract was 18 months or something like that. Imagine having shitty internet for that length of time. My connection even has trouble getting a D or C grade on Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test. It struggles to load the lowest quality youtube videos. What a crock of shit.
    - The IT "technicians" have come round 9 or 10 times now and still haven't located the root of the problem let alone fix it.

If I could punch Li Ka Shing or Richard Li in the face right now, believe me I would so badly. So yes, in short I understand how frustrated you feel.

Woo, that felt better.

Last edited by ou7blaze; 14-02-2011 at 06:13 PM.
    bookblogger likes this.

The price we pay for living in the World's Freest Economy (TM) with the World's Shittiest Customer Services (TM).

dear giant and hullexile like this.

You wonder why Telstra lost nearly $600mil last year on the PCCW/Telstra joint venture deal they have been trying to get out of for years. All up it could cost telstra $1billion in losses! Try and explain that to the board of directors! I would say these execs are not around anymore.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast