Emergency Contacts

Closed Thread

Emergency Contacts

I know this sounds a little trivial, but thought I'd share this anyway...

I got knocked off my bike earlier this week, and dislocated my shoulder (you know that sound when you pull a chicken drumstick out of it's socket? I heard that come from my arm ). All has worked out well, but a few things worried me at the time. I normally carry a slip of paper in my wallet with "In case of emergency" numbers... well, it was there, but had all my OLD contacts, didn't it. Also, even though I was only 2 minutes walk from my wife's work, I could not get in touch with her, cos my mobile was with my bike, and I did not know the business number (and the ambo officers and cops could not understand my mumbling of the business name in either english or cantonese).

sooo, even though it is common sense, probably worth making sure you have some numbers scribbled someplace before you go out and get smashed, fall under a bus or get swiped by a green top on the way home

DDF

Top notch advice .. unfortunately like "make sure you have insurance" most of us figure this out only after it is too late and the moment has passed.

Glad it was not too serious and you're on you way to recovery.

It's also a good idea to put in "husband/wife cell" or "husband/wife work" in your cell phone directory... or "emergency contact number", whatever...
    Being an avid bike rider myself (well not here in HK) I find it reassuring to have this...I started doing it in NY after 911, it's just a really simple thing to do...and when you have kids to pick up at school, it's just one less thing to worry about...

Last edited by ontheroad; 11-03-2007 at 05:51 PM.

Had a friend's father who had a heart attack. Nice passerby used his cell phone and looked for home and called my friend. He managed to get there just in time to see his dad before he passed on. So ontheroad's idea of husband/wife cell is very useful. Would be hard for someone to look for your spouse's name if number is saved under cutiepie or something like that

Oh what an important thread.

Hope your arm is better and thanks for sparking a flame to get me to update.

that reminds me! i was gonna change one of my entries to "mum" as i have it under the name!
    thanx!

ps - ive dislocated my shoulder too! ice skating.
    fun huh??
    lol did u pop it back in yourself? there was some guy there who said hed done it plenty of times, and told me to go to the railing, hang my arm over n put all my weight on it.
    so my friends helped me over to the railing (as i couldnt walk!) and POP it went!
    SO WEIRD!!!
    did ur arm feel like it was stick skinny after u popped it out??
    it was an experience i must say! haha