break down of rennovation costs please????

Closed Thread

break down of rennovation costs please????

hello ,
    i realise that this topic has been done to death , but ive searched the past posts and i still feel like they dont contain the info im after.
    i feel that often the quotes are too high (perhaps im too cheap?)or not specific enough - ie what do you actually get or these quotes of 100k ?
    put simply, id like to know what are the going rate prices(give or take) for the following jobs including materials;
    floor retiled(basic white tiles) per sq ft?

walls dewallpapered and re painted per sq foot?

new basic (ikea standard bathroom) plus instalation per sq foot

ikea standard kitchen small but not too small

the cost of re wiring ie 500 sq foot 29 yrs?

the cost of new water piping ?

i know , i know - iam asking for too much , but maybe there are some people out there that can use this post as a platform to advertize their economic rates or those of their friends.

or maybe ther are some people who have the info and are happy to share , because thats just the type of nice people they are.
    thanks anyway and i look forward to your responses
    respect

There are typically two rates here when it comes to renovations etc.

Local and Ex-pat, of course local being the cheaper.

I'd assume you have more than one quote?

I think it's difficult to give you a breakdown like what you are looking for, your best bet is just to ask several handymen to take a look and quote you a price. You could choose different contractors for different work, although that would be more difficult for you to project manage. Also, as in anything, you tend to get what you pay for (usually), so choose wisely and ask for references! Make your choice from there like any educated consumer.

That being said, imho I would recommend:
    - for a totally gutted renovation, about 450-500/sq ft is in the ballpark; 100k for 500 sq ft is only 200/sq ft, does that sound more reasonable to you?
    - you may consider ikea to do the installation for you, I understand its not that easy for a non-Ikean and they don't charge that much anyways
    - dont forget cost of materials on top of the services

good luck!

Thanks guys, very helpful indeed.