Like Tree23Likes

Indian "luck face" scammers

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

HAHAHAHHAHAHHA

Just last Saturday, I saw a local guy hand over $100 to two Indian guys by the bus stop near BOC main building. One had a little note book that he kept showing the local guy. The minute they got the cash, they turned around and left. Is the same scam?

Quote Originally Posted by Swell:
    Just last Saturday, I saw a local guy hand over $100 to two Indian guys by the bus stop near BOC main building. One had a little note book that he kept showing the local guy. The minute they got the cash, they turned around and left. Is the same scam?
    Yep sounds very much like it.

I got stopped in Kowloon Park by a guy who said I had a 'lucky face', and after lots had done it down at the Avenue of the Stars I thought I would give it a go and to see what happened.

Told him if he was after money he wouldn't be lucky!

Anyway, he did his tricks and then told me about the orphanage in India and if I was poor I could give $100, if I was okay I could give $200 and if I was rich I could give $500. Told him to f*k off! He didn't take that too kindly so I said I would call security, then bang, he disappeared! Funny that.

Seen them in Harbour City mall, and I have been known to give them a piece of my mind. Now I just do the 'yes I am lucky', give them a big smile and turn heel. Some aren't that too impressed

Its a shame really because now we all think they are touts for watches, bags or lucky lady...

The unfair thing is though to Indian's in general, that you could get one who genuinely wants to ask you something, like where a street is, or what the time is etc. Due to the "lucky face scammers" you are likely just to ignore and walk away from all of them, even though its not all of them who actually go around doing this kind of thing.

i usually grunt as soon as they talk and walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    i usually grunt as soon as they talk and walk on.
    I suppose that's better than chasing them with your khukuri

Yes, his cuisine is terrible

Knighter108 likes this.

Yes! A guy came up to my friend in TST and told him he had a lucky face and started giving him advice like never shave on a saturday etc, he didnt ask for anything but we lefr pretty quickly!

When i encountered this scammer,i told him 'You are saying that i'm lucky but i just got divorced 2 days ago' lol.