Like Tree23Likes

Indian "luck face" scammers

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

I got stopped by one at IFC a couple of weeks ago. Security guard moved him on before he had a chance to ask for any money so I just thought he was a bit of a weirdo. Then another one today tried to talk to me at Pacific Place but I just smiled and ignored him as I had my earphones in. Interesting to read this thread. Never heard of it before and I've lived in Hong Kong for four years. Is it on the increase?

Last edited by Liquorice; 05-04-2012 at 09:26 PM.

These scammers have been around for years. I encountered one on my first trip out as a tourist in 1993. They are just creepy, good for nothings.

Havent run into these guys in the 3.5 years that Ive been here. I guess I must have a luckier face than most of you....

pandancake likes this.

Hahaha how is it going to "cost" you? If you didnt agree to pay anything in the first place, than you dont have to. Theres no contract. Its only a scam if you scam yourself.

Ahaha, when I visited Hong Kong I had those Indians pestering me and my family whilst we were at one of those...streets? Those streets where there are loads of stalls that sell things. My aunty just said to them 'Ahahaha, lucky face my ass'. Think that shut their mouth. I don't want to be racist or anything, because I know not all Indians are like that, but I hate cold callers too. I don't even understand them half the time.

If more people reported these parasites to the HK police as the public nuisance that they are, they wouldn't ply their annoying trade. And they are, parasites, same goes for the touts that hassle people along Nathan road offering illegal activities.

Take photos of them, it really upsets them when you do that and creates a scene. If more people did that the HK govt might do something about it, as it really shames Hong Kong in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LingLing_733:
    I met one last week. Said i m damn lucky and will be richest person. Guess what happen. I win in some lucky draw HK$800. hahahhahaha maybe he is right. But i dont believe. He asked for HK$1000 for token, What the hell!!!!!! I give him $10 and tell him take it or leave it or i will call the police. Police station is near. hahahahahah. Beware dont believe anyone that is my principles.
    I don't understand why you gave him $10?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    If more people reported these parasites to the HK police as the public nuisance that they are, they wouldn't ply their annoying trade. And they are, parasites, same goes for the touts that hassle people along Nathan road offering illegal activities.

Take photos of them, it really upsets them when you do that and creates a scene. If more people did thatU the HK govt might do something about it, as it really shames Hong Kong in my opinion.
    I agree 100%. Some of the touts on Nathan Road are rude borderline aggressive. I tried to reason with them once when they overstepped my boundaries by tugging on my jacket. He just said it was his job. I don't mind just asking but physically touching you is a step too far in my mind.
    Skyhook and Drunken Master like this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6