Like Tree2Likes

mail forwarding

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

mail forwarding

I just moved. wondering if HK post provides any mail forwarding service similar to that by USPS. didn't find it on their website.
    Thanks.

moved where?

they do redirection of mail for 3 months, and after that there's a fee

Quote Originally Posted by pizzalover:
    I just moved. wondering if HK post provides any mail forwarding service similar to that by USPS. didn't find it on their website.
    Thanks.
    I know not the USPS of which you speak but HK Post does have a mail redirection service which may be activated by completing the cunningly named 'Application For Redirection of Correspondence' Form.

http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/forms/pdf/pos800.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Star Gazer:
    moved where?

they do redirection of mail for 3 months, and after that there's a fee
    Actually they charge HK$100 for the first three months and then HK$250 for the next 12 months after that.

In all fairness to the OP, the information isn't on the main page, but a simple search on the site will reveal the information.

Full details of the service are here:

http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/publ...ntent/5.15.pdf

Thanks.. this is what I wanted.. but it is not free?! and i can't do it online.. guess I will just go out to change my addresses asap.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    I know not the USPS of which you speak but HK Post does have a mail redirection service which may be activated by completing the cunningly named 'Application For Redirection of Correspondence' Form.

http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/forms/pdf/pos800.pdf

It also takes a little while to activate.

It takes a week to activate. It takes about 5 seconds in the post office. Hardly a major chore. I've recently done it and it is very efficient.

we did ours for 1 year and it is very easy. just go to any Post office and fill the form

It would be strange to be done online. When I did this for both my Australian and NZ addresses they required personal ID to be given to ensure that somebody could not just forward my mail without my knowledge or authorisation. Fair enough!

There is something called credit card! USPS charges u $1 for just verifying your address and identity.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    It would be strange to be done online. When I did this for both my Australian and NZ addresses they required personal ID to be given to ensure that somebody could not just forward my mail without my knowledge or authorisation. Fair enough!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast