Stuff from New York / the US

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

how about DVD of TV series? i was thinking about buying the whole Seinfeld series - i don't think they sell Seinfeld in HK.. do they? also do they sell Swifter sweep refills in HK or should i just dump my swifter?

i have seen Seinfeld in the blackmarket video shops, as well as many other major tv series, sometimes, they are copied right from tv which i can be annoying, but when in a pinch and you need some viewing hey its not that bad.

i have never been to movieland video store, but one of these years im gonna, for me its just not that accessible. maybe they have some tv series, original copies.

for your swifter you may check in citysuper but the major brand here is "vileda" which the usual grocery store will have in stock.

HMV here carries Seinfeld, I think (but probably not the whole series). Any DVDs you bring from the US, will play only on US DVD players, unless you have a multi-region one (which in the US is not so popular). So, do take that into account.

Quote Originally Posted by shwetapershad:
    HMV here carries Seinfeld, I think (but probably not the whole series). Any DVDs you bring from the US, will play only on US DVD players, unless you have a multi-region one (which in the US is not so popular). So, do take that into account.
    It's quite easy to dezone a dvd player...and turn the crappiest dvd player into a multi-region one!

I thought ALL DVD players here supported all regions

That's what I thought (about the DVD). I think everything in HK is multi-regional...

here are the things i miss about NYC:

- wholefoods and all its organic greatness
    - the dirrty ass hipster bars like Home Sweet Home
    - house parties in williamsburg, brooklyn
    - my upper east side gym (asphalt green is the name) that's always empty
    - bars with NO cover and no smoking policy
    - New Jersey and Upstate...don't judge, i love nature and big houses
    - jogging in central park
    - apple store
    - Bergdorf Goodman and Barney's
    - delivery at 4am
    - last but certainly not least, my friends