Like Tree8Likes

UPSET TO PCCW!!!!Have I become the recent victim of this company's sales scam?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    what about those who need access to emails for work at home. or need to access to shared folders for processing items during nights. i agree for average consumer its not needed immediately, but many who work at home need this.
    Read my post - into bracket it was written: IN MOST CASES.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Why didnt you just call PCCW 2 weeks before you moved and then you wouldn't need to 'hit the roof'?
    True! I should have called earlier. I guess I expected prompt service like most other service providers in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    These people should call PCCW 2 weeks before they move home and not the day before.
    not arguing that point. i did the same..called in advance to schedule it. even did it before i signed the lease to ensure there was no issues with the move (although they lied and then created problems...but thats another story)

Quote Originally Posted by bak875:
    Some good news.

I moved house yesterday and PCCW installed my Now Broadband and internet on the same day! Previously they had said two weeks, I hit the roof and asked to speak to the Supervisor.

I got good treatment, direct phone number to supervisor and him calling me back etc.

They are based in HK.
    It was like that to me at the first time.... so good luck to you!

Oh well! Not only that I am using their mobile network and paying +$500 per month. The coverage is really pain in the ass. Dropped call 6 times within 1 call. Apparently I am staying at the top floor, everytime I have to move my ass to the balcony in order to make call unfortunately still drop occasionally. Sucks!

I am working in the PCCW tower and to 'your 'surprise

OK, basically here's my take on it. PCCW are fine if you have no problems. However if, you have any problems like me (and my experience is well documented in a thread on this forum) you're fucked. Full stop.

Guys have come up countless times to clueless replace hardware. Customer execs have tried probably everything in their training manual and still 6 months later and countless visits from technicians my internet connection is fucked.

In fact before I could log on tonight I had to restart my modem, again for the 5th time this week already. For all the people who think it's a hardware problem as in it's my desktop please explain why my nowTV is constantly fucked as well?

Just do what I'm gonna do very soon, switch ISP or get that Smartone wireless USB connection instead. It might not be very fast but at least it bloody works!

I've been using PCCW's internet connection w/ 30M upgrade plan. Like you, I also stream. I also wasn't able to watch any streams from March 12-15th. It's back to normal now.

Looks to me like it was a coincidence that the time you upgraded your plan was the time their service was partially down for the few days.

The little complaint I have over the year with PCCW was the 2 minute disconnection that happens from 11:58-12:00am

Last edited by Creative83; 17-03-2011 at 02:55 AM.

someone start a poll on ISP

Quote Originally Posted by m stone:
    someone start a poll on ISP
    Good idea, & agree.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4