Anyone suffering from noise? (Harbourview Horizon, Hung Hom)

Closed Thread

Anyone suffering from noise? (Harbourview Horizon, Hung Hom)

Hi, I don't know where to post this, but there you go.

I moved in Harbourview Horizon, Hung Hom 2 months ago, but since a couple of weeks ago, noise has been bugging me..(a lot). It is not loud loud, but it's very annoying especially when you are under the influence of this noise for 12 hours a day.

It didn't take long until I found out where it comes from---it's from water pump room in the 4th in tower 2. I was later told that since they were preparing for the opening of swimming pool, the water pump has to be turned on.

When I reported the noise for the first time (it was around 1 am), guys came in and checked the noise and told me they were gonna talk to their technician. After two more days of suffering and complaints (and two more times of the same inspections), I was then told that "for the comfort of the residence", they will turn it on "only" from 9 am till 8 pm.

Yesterday and today, however I woke up because of the noise AGAIN, but this time it was 6:50 am in the morning! After several attempts to reach a manager (not those helpless guys sitting in the front desk), I finally was able to talk to one of them but their answer was: because they now open the swimming pool (previsouly they have been "preparing" for the opening and now they open it), the water pump has to be switched on before 7 am.

Yes, it's not loud, but it's enough to wake me up, and more importantly, this annoying sound will continue until the mid November (when they close the swimming pool) for 12 hours a day. I don't think I can stand it.

Is there anyone suffering from the same noise?

Last edited by redkbu; 16-03-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Is Harbourview Horizon serviced apartments? If so, can't you just ask to move to a different apartment (one not near the water pump)?