Like Tree1Likes

Flat in Wyndham Street area - noise?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

To be honest if, as you user name suggests, you're a new parent with a baby then, rather than messing about with double glazing, why not just rent a flat that's not directly above a row of bars? There are plenty of flats in HK that aren't above bars or nightclubs.

Unless there's some other really strong reason you're considering this flat then I would think you've probably got enough on your plate without dealing with drunk partygoers under your window every night.

Last edited by dipper; 31-03-2011 at 04:25 PM.

... but very few flats in HK are free of noise issues. Usually it's the neighbours.

OK, you might be unlucky anywhere and get a noisy neighbour but that's no reason to go out of your way to guarantee it IMHO. Most flats I've lived in have not had noise issues. In 15 years the only problem I've ever had was once a neighbour decided to practice the piano at 2am and I popped upstairs and had a quick word and everything has been fine since. Try doing that with 1000 drunks every night.

bookblogger likes this.

Yes I did think it is a bit mad living in that area, but seeing we now live in a supposedly quiet residential area (in between a hill and a park, no less) and we need to flee because of crazy noisy neighbours upstairs, I am giving the Wyndham Street flat a bit more thought than I normally would have....

Yes, I am there by myself or my wife when she comes over to HK and it's convenient to having a happy ending massage when I feel a bit lovin' is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by NewParents:
    Yes I did think it is a bit mad living in that area, but seeing we now live in a supposedly quiet residential area (in between a hill and a park, no less) and we need to flee because of crazy noisy neighbours upstairs, I am giving the Wyndham Street flat a bit more thought than I normally would have....
    I used to live in Wyndham Street a number of years back - the worst for me was actually the noise of the honking cabs every night. Ear plugs helped me dealing with the noise from the bars - they did not help with the car horns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2