Like Tree15Likes

Domestic helpers don't get Good Friday and Easter Monday off, right?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I give my DH public holidays off. Just thought it was fair to do.

seanmaloney and lingc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    is that when jesus transformed into a rabbit and hid golden eggs around earth, with people finding them to gain access to heaven?
    Snigger, snigger...what a cock you are...!

Usually no statutory holidays for the first three months. After that, if you continue to use her, then you either have to pay her back the statutory holidays she entitled in the first three months, or let her take her entitled days off with mutual agreed dates.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLowrey:
    Do yours get days off on bank holidays or statutory holidays? Just wondering, mine has been here for less than 3 months anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by motivationworks:
    Usually no statutory holidays for the first three months. After that, if you continue to use her, then you either have to pay her back the statutory holidays she entitled in the first three months, or let her take her entitled days off with mutual agreed dates.
    So you resurrect a 5 year old thread with incorrect information. Helpers are entitled to statutory holiday in the first three month although can be unpaid. Please refer to the labour guidelines on this.
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Please also check with the Labour Department

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    So you resurrect a 5 year old thread with incorrect information. Helpers are entitled to statutory holiday in the first three month although can be unpaid. Please refer to the labour guidelines on this.

Quote Originally Posted by motivationworks:
    Please also check with the Labour Department
    You check and you'll find that you are wrong.

See Q4.5
    http://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/public/wcp/FDHguide.pdf