Like Tree6Likes

where can i buy fresh seafood?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rinny81:
    I've been to Parkn Shop and Wellcome near my place (Caine Road, Mid-Level) but they don't seem to sell any squid or clam or mussel or shrimps. I found some from City Super in IFC but not much to choose from. Where am I supposed to go for these kind of seafood? In UK, they had at least frozen seafood from big supermarkets but they don't even have frozen seafood. Don't people here cook at home?
    The Central wet market around Lyndhurst Terrace/Cochrane Street is a few minutes away from you.

There you will get squid and many types of clam,but rarely see mussels there or shrimp, but several types of live prawn from small to tiger.

Saw mussels at Pacific Gourmet in Caine Road recently

The fishy section of Taste in Tuen Mun is crawling with all sorts of stuff. Stinks to high heaven. As I don't much go for seafood I have not looked that closely, but I thought they had all sorts of stuff. As for mussels - go and pick them yourself if you want them fresh! Plenty of rocks around the coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    until you decide to buy it, then they bash it's head open with a mallet.
    They don't 'bash the head open', they just crack the skull hopefully with one skillful strike. Sounds macabre, but that's exactly the same method we use when we go fishing on the lakes in Ontario. It's pretty universal.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    They don't 'bash the head open', they just crack the skull hopefully with one skillful strike. Sounds macabre, but that's exactly the same method we use when we go fishing on the lakes in Ontario. It's pretty universal.
    well, you know what I mean... nothing fresher than being killed right before you exchange your cash for the corpse.

Definitely the wet markets. After the amazing fresh fish I've been buying I would not want anything from the supermarket. I can recommend Wan Chai wet market.

I still have memories of 'talking' fish heads in Wanchai market!

Tuen Mun Seafood Street - WOM guide

I live in Tuen Mun so this is convenient for me but I'm quite sure this is the best seafood market in Hong Kong - period.

Try Great in Pacific Place

Thats a shop at Wanchai wet market, around 60 Wanchai road, do sell live seafoods out of fish tanks. It has huge variety too, much better than wet market at Lyndhurst