Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 2 Post By daveross

Charity Lucky Draw and Dinner - Rotary Club of Hong Kong South

Closed Thread

Charity Lucky Draw and Dinner - Rotary Club of Hong Kong South

The Rotary Club of Hong Kong South ( Rotary Club of Hong Kong South ) will have its annual lucky draw and dinner on the 5th of May, 2011 ( Thursday ) at the Top Deck Restaurant in Aberdeen.

The Rotary Club of Hong Kong South is the main charity that GeoClicks supports. Its major local and international projects include:

• Donations to the Liangshan Leprosy Project which was started by RCHKS. ( Liangshan Leprosy Rehabilitation Project )
    • English Language Dialog training at the Holy True Light College and the Ap Lei Chau Kai Fong Primary School in Ap Lei Chau. This is done in conjunction with volunteer Interact Club members from the West Island School and the German Swiss International School.
    • Scholarship for need students at the Hong Kong Sea School in Stanley.
    • Sponsorship of activities organized by the Canadian International School Interact Club
    • Essay Competitions for English and Chinese secondary school students
    • Donation of book coupons and school bags to deserving & needy secondary school students
    • Sponsorship of needy students whose families are impacted by AIDS, through the Chi Heng Foundation
    • Donations to Shelterbox, which provides emergency shelter to victims of disasters ( ShelterBox: - Home )

Most of the funding for these projects is raised through our annual lucky draw ( ticket attached ).

Prizes include:

• 3 nights stay for 2 in a one-bedroom villa at Four Seasons Resort in Koh Samui, Thailand
    • 5 nights stay in Two Bedroom Deluxe Pool Villa at AKA Resort in Hua Hin, Thailand plus travel coupon $5,000
    • Victoria Arduino 1910 style coffee machine and grinder in brass
    • 1 week stay at Villa at Switzerland
    • Six bottles Chateau Rauzan Segla 1985, 2nd Grand Cru Classe, Margaux
    • Weekday outing on sailing junk
    • and several gift vouchers worth HK$ 1000 from ShopInHk.Com

More details about the prizes and the lucky draw are in the attached ticket.

We sell a limited number of tickets ( 500 ) and each ticket is entered into 7 draws with 8 prizes each ( 56 prizes in total ).

We're a small club that focuses on needs of people who do not have access to the big name charities. Every dollar counts and makes a difference.

If you do not want to buy a ticket, you are still invited to attend our annual dinner - you don't need to be a member of the Rotary Club to have a good time.

The dinner menu and tickets are attached. Would be nice to have a table or two of GeoClicks members at the dinner.

The cost of the dinner is $680 per person and includes unlimited wine (cash bar for other items), African drum performances (I've been told you can join in) and lots of suspense during the draw.

If you have any questions, email me through our Rotary Club contact form on Rotary Club of Hong Kong South : Contact

P.S. Don't click "Like" .. just buy a ticket or come to the dinner and say hi to us.

P.P.S. Club 888 tickets, dinner invitation and more information about our club can be found on http://www.rchks.org/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shri; 26-04-2011 at 04:41 PM.

No food options for vegetarians, probably you'll have few more entries if you provide some alternatives.

gunsnroses - I'm sure we could provide for vegetarians. Let me find out.

If we do, you're going to have to come along with a dozen vegetarian friends.

rani likes this.

Ouch!!!
    I don't even know that many veggies in hk ...

I'm a vegetarian. Not because I love animals, but because I hate plants.

See you there!

shri and Dreadnought like this.

are all the tickets sold? Do I need to be there to buy one?

The Club 888 tickets?

They're available. Email [email protected] - she (Nicole Lau) is the gatekeeper for the draw.

You coming for the dinner? You don't need to be there to buy one.

Last edited by shri; 03-05-2011 at 03:42 PM.